This posting cannot receive an online application from your Diverse Jobs account. To apply, follow the employer's instructions within their job description.
Roanoke CollegeLocation: Salem, VA 24153 Document ID: AD255-4ZYN Posted on: 2019-07-0507/05/2019 Job Type: Regular
Minimum Education: Bachelors2019-08-04
Director of Multicultural Affairs
Roanoke College invites applicants for the position of Director of Multicultural Affairs. This position will report to the Dean of Students and will work collaboratively with students, faculty, and staff to create a welcoming campus climate for students. This position assists in the fulfillment of the “Live on Purpose” initiative and contributes to the College’s strategic plan.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide leadership, direction, and supervision of the Office of Multicultural Affairs (OMA) which includes developing and managing budgets and chairing the OMA Advisory Committee.
- Support students through active participation in the development and enhancement of programs and services with an emphasis on racial and ethnic diversity that balance individual student and campus community needs.
- Support and advocate for students by fostering inclusive learning opportunities and experiences to explore multiple ethnic and cultural identity groups and perspectives.
- Partner with faculty and staff assigned to campus diversity and inclusion initiatives to include the Dean of the Chapel, LGBTQ+ Coordinator & others who work with students on issues of diversity.
- Establish annual departmental goals and coordinate assessment efforts to measure congruence with divisional goals, institutional priorities and mission of OMA and College.
- Assist with coordination of academic and personal support for individual underrepresented students.
- Co-direct Building on Diversity (BonD) pre-orientation program designed to assist underrepresented new students with the transition to the College.
- Serve as a resource to the advisors of underrepresented student organizations and as the Co-Advisor of Shades of Maroon.
- Assist the Office of Admissions in the recruitment of underrepresented students upon request.
- Advanced degree in a relevant discipline.
- Knowledge of contemporary issues and challenges related to D&I in higher education.
- Experience implementing successful policies, practices, and programs.
- Project management skills, including experience translating vision into strategy, objectives, goals and actionable activities with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively network and build relationships with various internal and external constituencies.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills, including strong presentation skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Creative and proactive problem solving skills.
To learn more about this position and to apply, please visit www.roanoke.edu/jobs. EOE