This job posting is no longer active on Diverse Jobs and therefore cannot accept online applications.
This posting cannot receive an online application from your Diverse Jobs account. To apply, follow the employer's instructions within their job description.
Branch Alliance for Educator Diversity (BranchED)Location: Austin, TX 78737 Document ID: AD215-4OFA Posted on: 2019-06-0506/05/2019 Job Type: Regular
Minimum Education: Bachelors2019-08-04
Continuous Improvement Coach
The Continuous Improvement Coach is responsible for implementing the organization’s efforts related to its empowerment goal of providing high quality, action-based training, on-demand technical assistance, and performance-based coaching. At the heart of the mission of BranchED is the goal to support MSI educator preparation programs in delivering game-changing, high-impact preparation experiences for prospective teachers. The Continuous Improvement Coach works with the VP of Programs and Services to support participant MSIs through building strong relationships with deans and staffs, performing diagnostics services, designing and executing training opportunities for program faculty and staff, identifying and incorporating relevant research, and collaborating with other Continuous Improvement Coaches.
- Build relationships with deans, chairs, and faculty at a caseload of four to six MSI educator preparation providers to serve, coach, and connect them to one another
- Deliver small and large group training sessions in an engaging manner to a range of audiences using a variety of instructional techniques and various delivery methodologies (classroom, online, blended, synchronous, asynchronous).
- Conduct diagnostic, formative and summative assessments and communicate findings and recommendations via written reports and presentations. Undergirding all of this assessment work, are the six design principles from BranchED’s Quality Framework:
- Community of Learners
- Data Empowerment
- Intersectional Content
- Practice Based Approach
- Inclusive Pedagogy
- Equitable Experiences
- Document services provided, assessment results, and collaborate with other Continuous Improvement Coaches in supporting entire portfolio of MSIs
- Collaborate on content design for BranchED training programs for educator preparation providers
- Utilize and provide feedback on structures and protocols to assist VP of Programs and Services in MSI prep program improvement
- Identify, apply, and implement research-based best practices into trainings, technical assistance, and the redesign process along with the VP of Program and Services
- Utilize systems and tools to ensure proper documentation, measurement, and accessibility
- Assist on program effectiveness analysis and use outcomes to continuously improve
- Research and stay abreast of national landscape issues and developments that impact BranchED curriculum (higher education, CAEP accreditation and standards, cultural competency, etc.)
- Along with BranchED’s leadership team, help develop and contribute to the organizational culture and values
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Master’s degree required in education, or relevant field. Doctoral degree preferred
- At least 6 years work experience in teaching, teacher preparation, curriculum design, or related field
- Experience working in or with MSIs, or a demonstration of extensive knowledge of MSI environments
- Experience in adult education or professional development
- Experience in coaching and training adults
- Experience working with Microsoft Office 365, audio/video conferencing software, virtual coaching platforms, contact management software, document management software, group calendars, project management software, and other collaboration tools
- Experience collecting and analyzing data and documenting project progress
- A passion and commitment to transforming teacher preparation programs in Minority Serving Institutions
- A visionary with ability to anticipate needs and future opportunities
- Creative problem-solver with ability to identify and address issues proactively
- Committed to equity and diversity
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and willingness to ‘roll up sleeves’ to get things done
- Ability to build authentic relationships
- A positive attitude and affect, high degree of flexibility, curiosity to learn, creativity, dedication, resourcefulness, and energy
REPORT TO: VP of Programs and Services
LOCATION: Austin, TX or Remote
SETTING: This position operates in a general office setting. Frequent travel to organization headquarters in Austin, Texas, MSI sites, and national conferences and convenings is expected, as well as occasional lifting.
COMPENSATION: Competitive with skills and experience. The Branch Alliance offers a competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, and 401K match.
TO APPLY: Applications with current resume and letter of interest should be sent confidentially, electronically to email@example.com. Please include in your email the position for which you are applying. The review of applications will begin immediately and will continue on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
More than half of American public-school students are children of color, and only 20% of their teachers are from these same racial and ethnic groups. The Branch Alliance for Educator Diversity (BranchED) was founded in 2017 to empower, connect, and advance Minority Serving Institutions (HBCUs, HSIs, tribal colleges, and others) to maximize programming and drive innovation in preparing highly-effective educators who reflect and champion the diversity of our nation’s school children. These 290 Minority Serving Institutions comprise 13% of education providers in the United States, but train 51% of all Hispanic students earning bachelor’s degrees in education, 51% of Native Hawaiian and Pacific Islander teacher candidates, 38% of African American teacher candidates, and 35% of bachelor’s degrees in education for Native Americans and Asian Americans.
BranchED is the first and only non-profit organization in the nation that is dedicated to strengthening and growing educator preparation at MSIs, with the larger goals of both diversifying the teaching profession and intentionally addressing critical issues of educational equity for all students. BranchED has three goals that guide its work:
- Empower: working together to strengthen and grow MSI educator preparation programs by providing capacity building support that enhances MSI capabilities
- Connect: strengthening relationships among MSIs by building partnerships to spur collaboration and innovation
- Advance: amplifying a collective voice and advocating for shared interests by promoting awareness of educator diversity and championing MSIs