Assistant Director of Military and Veteran Services (Reg PT)
Position Title: Assistant Director of Military and Veteran Services (Reg PT)
Department: Military and Veteran Services
Campus: Allegheny Campus
Additional Information: This position will remain open until filled. However, in order to ensure consideration for an interview, please submit your completed application, cover letter and resume by no later than March 8, 2019. The College cannot guarantee that application materials received after this date will be considered or reviewed.
Benefits: CCAC offers an exceptional benefits package. Highlights include an excellent health plan with very low out-of-pocket expense network option, generous time off and holiday pay, a 403b retirement plan with up to 10% employer match or other options through the State's retirement defined benefit pension system, free employee parking, public service (student) loan forgiveness eligible employer, and employer paid benefits including group life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, and flexible spending accounts.
Work hours (for hourly positions): Monday - Friday; 9:30 am - 2:30 pm Regular part-time 25 hours/week
Hourly Wage: $20.05
Salary Grade: N/A
Job Category: Administrators
Employment Type: Regular Part-Time
Job Slot: 9368
Job Open Date: 2/22/2019
Job Close Date:
General Summary: Provide for veteran or military students by assisting them with the Department of Veterans Affairs benefits applications and referrals to appropriate internal and external supportive services. Provide the encouragement and support necessary to enable military and veteran students to complete their course of study at CCAC.
Associate's degree (Bachelor's preferred) in a related field with a minimum of two years of related experience with military / veteran services or in human services serving diverse populations or economically or educationally disadvantaged populations. Applicant should have familiarity with VAOnce Certification process and the multiple VA Educational Benefits. Applicant must possess strong interpersonal and communication skills, ability and willingness to work collaboratively. Attention to detail and the ability to follow through with assisting the student. Commitment to the students' success and student centered education. Higher education experience preferred.
1. Prepares and reviews appropriate documentation necessary for certification of student's Veterans' education benefits.
2. Acts as a liaison between Department of Veterans Affairs (DVA) Vocational Rehabilitation Specialist and disabled veterans; controls the issuance of forms used to cover educational costs.
3. Responsible for the creation and continuation of programming and events for Military/Veteran students at the Allegheny Campus. Will oversee and work with Success Facilitators at each campus to ensure that there are engaging Military/Veterans events and programming on a consistent basis.
4. Works with Office of Military and Veterans Services Staff to meet the Veteran's Administration requirements, social and human service needs of students.
5. Compiles information on program services, activities, and students. Maintains accurate, organized, completed, and detailed records, develops, and maintains reports as required or assigned.
6. Serves as a campus liaison for Veterans Affairs with academic division chairpersons, academic advisors, and administrative personnel; provides assistance in resolving problems in relation to Veteran student issues.
7. Informs and assists students in applying for a wide variety of DVA programs.
8. Responsible for the supervision of VA Work-study students at all campuses. Maintains, signs, and submits completed Work-study applications to the VA.
9. Participates in student orientations, open houses, college graduation and other college events. Assists the college in recruitment efforts as they relate to military and Veteran students.
10. Refers individuals to internal and outside programs for additional support specific to the needs of military and Veteran students.
11. Oversee the content and information posted on the office's social media sites with input from the campus based Success Facilitators.
12. Serves on college committees as needed.
13. Assist Executive Director in tracking, scheduling and ensuring Veteran funds are posted to students' accounts in conjunction with the Bursars Office.
14. Conduct ongoing analysis regarding veteran data relating to program services.
15. Assist Executive Director of Military and Veterans Services in managing the operations of the Office of Military and Veterans Services.
16. Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
Clearances: Current criminal record/child abuse clearances will be required if offered the position and in order to be employed at the College. The three clearances are Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance, Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Records Check, and Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) Criminal Background Check. The College has provided instructions on how to obtain these clearances and are available here or by going to http://www.ccac.edu/hr, selecting "HR Forms and Documents" from the left menu and locating the link named "CCAC Instructions on Clearances.
To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to: https://ccac.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?id=373&site=3
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency