This job posting is no longer active on Diverse Jobs and therefore cannot accept online applications.
Portland Community CollegeLocation: Portland, OR 97280 Document ID: AC102-2O83 Posted on: 2018-04-1204/12/2018 Job Type: Regular
Veterans Resource Center Coordinator (Part-time)
Veterans Resource Center Coordinator (Part-time)
Portland Community College
Requisition Number: 09348
Location: Southeast Campus
Address: 2305 SE 82nd and Division, Portland, OR
Hours of Work: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday - Friday
Position Status: Academic Professional; Level 5; Part-time; Exempt
Starting Salary Range: Starting Salary: $48,237 to $51,673 (Step 3); based on qualifications, experience, and internal equity. Full 2017/18 Salary Range is $48,237 to $85,104.
Job Close Date: Apply Immediately; This position will close once sufficient qualified applications have been received.
Schedule: 4 hours per day, Monday to Friday. Exact schedule is somewhat flexible, and will be negotiated.
Portland Community College Southeast is looking for a Veterans Resource Center (VRC) Coordinator who, through an equity framework, will provide coordination and oversight of activities, identify appropriate tools and resources for the VRC, plan and facilitate workshops, and provide general student support for veterans. The Southeast VRC will focus on intersecting aspects of identity and invest in social justice training for the VRC Coordinator and student work-study employees. We are looking for an informed and engaged candidate to bring this vision to fruition.
PCC Benefits Benefits are pro-rated for part-time positions.
PCC offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide employees and their families, including domestic partners, with a access to a broad range of benefit options. Includes Health, Dental, and Vision options, Group Life, Auto and Home Insurance. Retirement and tax deferred 403B plans.
13.33 hours of Vacation leave per month
1 day of Sick Leave per month
3 additional Personal Leave days per year
Additionally, PCC provides a tuition waiver for you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children under 24 years of age, as well as tuition reimbursement for full-time employees at other accredited institutions.
1. Coordinates and facilitates activities for the Veterans Resource Center at an assigned campus. Develops and implements marketing strategies for services provided by the Center. Collects and evaluates data on Resource Center usage. Develops and implements changes based on changing student needs.
2. Assists students in removing barriers to their education. Fosters relationships with community and state agencies as well as other college resources. Refers students to available services for further assistance.
3. Identifies current resource materials, both written and computerized, for inclusion in the Center. Purchases materials as needed and ensures materials are current. Ensures computer hardware and software is operable.
4. Hires, trains, and supervises work of student veteran advocate positions and other student/casual employees of Center.
5. Participates in problem solving issues between students, instructors and/or counselors/advisors. Facilitates student transition into the college environment.
6. Designs and facilitates workshops focused on such areas as working with the veteran student populations in a college environment. Leads campus Veterans advisory committee formed of faculty and staff, focused on student retention strategies. Delivers presentations to classes and external stakeholders as requested.
7. May provide case management and academic advising.
8. Initiates and coordinates the development of grant proposals, strategic partnerships, and donations that provide resources in support of the goals of the Veterans Resource Center.
9. Serves as college liaison to community and regional organizations that contribute to the goals of the Veterans Resource Center.
To be considered for this position, your application materials must show how you meet the following requirements:
Note: Experience requirements use full-time equivalent
Bachelor's degree in Education, Liberal Arts, Multicultural Studies, Women's Studies, Gender Studies, Social Justice, Sociology, Psychology, or related field. Relevant experience may substitute for the degree requirement on a year-for-year basis.
Three years of experience in a diverse setting coordinating services or programs, to include one year of experience specific to serving veterans.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
Student success, retention, and assessment strategies;
Best practices in the assigned program area related to student retention;
Applicable local, state and federal laws, codes, rules, and regulations;
Post-secondary education and student development;
College policies and procedures;
Internal and external resources available for assigned population.
Assessing and mentoring students;
Operating a computer and various supporting software packages;
Public speaking and presentation.
Effectively communicate in oral and written form;
Prioritize multiple projects and work in an environment with regular interruptions;
Work collaboratively with diverse academic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students and staff;
Interpret, analyze and evaluate complex problems to successfully recognize and define solutions;
Solve problems and defuse conflict situations.
These qualifications and characteristics are critical to success in this important role at PCC. Please clarify in your application materials the experiences, successes and techniques evidencing how you bring these strengths:
- Knowledge of community services and resources specific to the veterans population.
- Demonstrated experience working with and promoting success for diverse student populations in a post secondary environment.
- Experience supporting and training employees veterans students using a social justice/equity framework.
- Demonstrated experience coordinating programs and/or support services for veteran students.
- Experience facilitating a mentoring and/or student leadership/equity program and supervising student employees.
Additional Posting Information:
1. Supplemental Questions(attach document)* - Describe how you meet the Preferred Qualifications of the position.
2. Completed online application
3. Cover Letter (attach document)*
4. Current Resume (attach document)*
* When you apply for the position, you will be given an opportunity to attach the above documents. They may be attached in either "Microsoft Word" or ".pdf" formats.
Applicants selected for further consideration may be asked to complete a supplemental questionnaire.
Notes to Applicant:
- Upon hire candidate will be required to provide official transcripts for all degrees earned.
- Applicants selected for hire will be required to pass a criminal background check as a condition of employment.
- Portland Community College will hire only United States citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States. All new employees will be required to complete the designated Immigration Service Employers Verification I-9 form.
- As an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity institution, PCC is actively seeking qualified minorities, women, disabled veterans, veterans and individuals with disabilities to enhance its work force and to reflect the diversity of its student body. Applicants with disabilities may request accommodation to complete the application and selection process. Please notify Human Resources at least three (3) working days prior to the date of need.
Documents that must be associated with this posting:
Responses to Required Questions
Documents which can be associated with this posting:
Full Time/Part Time: Part Time
How to Apply
For complete job description and application instructions, visit: jobs.pcc.edu
As an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity institution, PCC is actively seeking qualified minorities, women, disabled veterans, veterans and individuals with disabilities to enhance its work force and to reflect the diversity of its student body. Applicants with disabilities may request accommodation to complete the application and selection process. Please notify Human Resources at least three (3) working days prior to the date of need.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency