This posting cannot receive an online application from your Diverse Jobs account. To apply, follow the employer's instructions within their job description.
Rockland Community CollegeLocation: Suffern, NY 10901 Document ID: AD122-4X9N
Ad Number: 26275156 Published on: 2019-04-2404/24/2019 Job Type: Regular
Published in: DiverseJobs
Director of English Skills AcademyAs seen in DiverseJobs
Duties: RCC has provided the community with ESL/ESOL courses for over 10 years, serving approximately 700 students annually. The program offers multiple levels of English instruction, as well as specialized classes for higher-level students. Reporting to the Executive Director of Strategic Initiatives, the Director of ESA is responsible for strategic growth, resource development, and the day-to-day management of the program. Duties include vision and leadership for the program, supervision of staff, management of the program grants and budget, and representing the ELA program to the College and in the community.
- Provides overall leadership and direction for the ESA program and it's staff
- Hires, trains and supervises adjunct instructors and other support staff
- Collaborates on the development and submission of grant proposals and manages program grants, including tracking data and expenditures and writing grant reports
- Tracks and provides reporting to comply with SUNY noncredit remedial reimbursements
- Liaises with Academic Affairs and the Provost's Office to ensure compliance with SUNY and other regulatory entities
- Manages ESA budget
- Plans course schedules each term, including assigning instructors and students to classes, and assigning classrooms
- Plans and manages student registration activities for all sessions
- Develops, evaluates and improves program curriculum, including keeping up-to-date with current trends
- Ensures that the database of student information, enrollment and attendance is maintained and current
- Oversees recruitment and outreach for the ESA program
- Tracks student information and outcomes to ensure the program meets external and internal goals
- Organizes and conducts ESA meetings
- Represents the ESA Program to internal and external partners
- Assists students in transitioning to other RCC programs, including High School Equivalency, TASC, 24C, non-credit ESL, Middle Skills Academy, degree and transfer programs
- Regularly evaluates the effectiveness of ESA programs, processes, and procedures, making adjustments as needed for improvement
- Works some evenings and Saturdays as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Master's Degree. Five-Seven years of experience in ESOL, TESOL, Linguistics or related field may be substituted for a Master's Degree.
- Minimum of 2 years of leadership and supervisory experience
- Project management experience
- Demonstrated experience developing, administering and working within budget
- Demonstrated interpersonal, organizational, written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access), database programs and the use of email
- Commitment to diversity, inclusive excellence and equity; ability to work within a diverse college community
- Master's Degree or Certificate in ESOL, TESOL, Linguistics or related field
- Training in ESL teaching methodology
- Experience administering an adult ESL program, including budget management
- Experience preparing grant proposals, program reports, and personnel evaluations
Submit Resumes to: https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=rockcc&ccId=19000101_000001&type=MP
Application Deadline: Search will remain open until candidate is selected, however to ensure consideration resumes should be received by April 17, 2019.
Include three (3) professional references (including names, phone numbers and e-mail addresses). References will not be contacted without prior permission of the candidate. Employment at the College may be subject to the favorable result of a background investigation. Official transcripts will be required upon employment. Foreign transcripts which are not accompanied by an evaluation from an approved agency may not be reviewed. Applicants may contact NACES (National Association of Credential Evaluating Service) at www.naces.org to obtain a list of members providing this service. Any expenses incurred for this service must be borne by the applicant. Foreign transcript translations by applicant or educational institution are not acceptable.
Rockland Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages applications from women, people of color, veterans and individuals with disabilities. Our mission demonstrates a strong public commitment to a diverse and inclusive campus community.