This job posting is no longer active on Diverse Jobs and therefore cannot accept online applications.
This posting cannot receive an online application from your Diverse Jobs account. To apply, follow the employer's instructions within their job description.
NYU Steinhardt School of Culture, Education, and HLocation: New York, NY 10003 Document ID: AD225-4N5T Posted on: 2019-06-1206/12/2019 Job Type: Intern
Minimum Education: Ph.D.2019-07-12
NYU’s Steinhardt School of Culture, Education, and Human Development invites talented scholars of color and others underrepresented in the Academy who are completing their PhD, EdD, or other relevant terminal degree to apply to participate in Faculty First-Look (FFL). Faculty First-Look provides a glimpse into what it takes to prepare for future faculty careers, particularly in disciplines and field represented within the Steinhardt School.
NYU Steinhardt uniquely integrates education, communication, health, and the arts, with eleven departments, seventeen research centers and institutes, 292 full-time faculty, and close to seven thousand students.
Faculty First-Look participants will have the opportunity to engage with NYU Steinhardt deans, faculty, and postdocs to:
- Learn best practices to prepare for the faculty recruitment, application, interview, and selection process;
- Learn how to write compelling application cover letters, research, and teaching statements, and CVs;
- Learn best practices for delivering an effective Job Talk or Presentation;
- Learn best practices for cultivating job prospects, how to negotiate job offers, and how to decide what position is right for you;
- Learn best practices for how to use digital/social media platforms to increase scholarly visibility as you enter the job market;
- Learn about NYU’s Postdoctoral Programs; and
- Receive access to continuous faculty development opportunities. Participants will also have the unique opportunity to formally and informally network with, and present their scholarly work to NYU faculty, postdocs, and graduate students working in their fields of study, and meet prospective faculty mentors and receive advice about their career plans.
Eligible participants include doctoral/terminal degree candidates working in fields represented among Steinhardt’s faculty, departments, and research centers. Applicants from African American, Latinx, American Indian, or Alaskan Native descent, and other underserved populations in the Academy and/or at Steinhardt are encouraged to apply.
- Should be making progress towards, but not planning to complete the dissertation or other terminal degree equivalent by January 1, 2020.
- Should be able to devote a total of four full days: (two days in Fall 2019 and two days in Spring 2020).
Interested candidates must submit the following (as individual documents) when the application process opens on Monday, June 24, 2019:
- Personal Statement to include career aspirations, your contribution to diversity and inclusion in the Academy, anticipated dissertation completion date, and why participating in NYU Steinhardt’s Faculty First-Look will help you achieve your goal (maximum 750-word count (must be included at end of the personal statement), double-spaced);
- Dissertation Abstract (maximum 250-word count (must be included at end of abstract); single-spaced);
- Curriculum Vitae;
- Letter of Recommendation from dissertation adviser, verifying anticipated dissertation date.
The application period closes on Friday, July 12, 2019. If you have any questions please email email@example.com