St. John's UniversityLocation: Jamaica, NY 11439 Document ID: AD314-0C4I Posted on: 2019-09-2009/20/2019 Job Type: Temporary
Temporary Receptionist - Tobin College of Business
St. John's established in 1870, has three New York City campuses; a graduate center in Hauppauge, NY; international locations in Rome, Italy; Limerick, Ireland; and Paris, France; and study abroad locations around the world. The Princeton Review and other top rankings consistently recognize the University's outstanding academics, diverse student body, dynamic internship and volunteer opportunities, focus on student life, and diverse study abroad offerings. St. John's University offers more than 100 undergraduate and graduate programs in its six colleges and schools, with a growing number of programs offered online. The University is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education and 12 other major academic and professional associations.
A dedication to diversity, equity and inclusion is at the heart of our mission. As a Catholic and Vincentian university, St. John's is committed to institutionalizing practices of inclusive excellence to ensure that we welcome and celebrate the intrinsic worth of all members of our community. We will become an even stronger university as we enhance equity at every level of our institution. As noted in our Vision Statement, our graduates will excel in the competencies and values required for leadership and service in a rapidly evolving world.
Tobin College of Business
The receptionist has daily contact with faculty members, as well as with students, and works closely with other offices within the College. This position will report to the Associate Dean of Faculty and will work closely with the administrative assistants and coordinators in the Dean's Suite. The receptionist is responsible for a number of tasks including, but not limited to, the following:
- Welcomes visitors by greeting them and answering their questions
- Directs visitors utilizing employee and/or department directories
- Notifies Dean and Associate Deans of visitor arrival
- Assists students at the front desk with directing students to appropriate department and/or faculty member
- Answers the telephone; taking and relaying messages; providing information to callers
- Receives, sorts and distributes mail and packages
- Assists with different projects: assembles meeting packets, types file and mailing labels, assists in the set-up of special events
- Unlocks conference rooms when needed
- Assists faculty with preparing exam packages, reserving conference rooms, and providing office supplies
- Assists with after-hour events, if needed. (Alumni events, honor society events, scholarship events, Tobin CEO events, etc )
- BS or BA degree required.
- 3 years of office related experience preferred.
- Strong inter-personal/communication skills
- Positive and nurturing attitude towards students and colleagues is required
- Ability to work independently
Monday - Thursday: 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Friday: 8:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Any offer of employment is subject to receipt by St. John's University of satisfactory references, verification of employment and education.
St. John's University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from women and minorities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected
To apply please click here!
|More Jobs from St. John's University|