St. John's UniversityLocation: Jamaica, NY 11439 Document ID: AD295-0AG1 Posted on: 2019-09-2009/20/2019 Job Type: Full-time
Lab Control Office Coordinator
St. John's established in 1870, has three New York City campuses; a graduate center in Hauppauge, NY; international locations in Rome, Italy; Limerick, Ireland; and Paris, France; and study abroad locations around the world. The Princeton Review and other top rankings consistently recognize the University's outstanding academics, diverse student body, dynamic internship and volunteer opportunities, focus on student life, and diverse study abroad offerings. St. John's University offers more than 100 undergraduate and graduate programs in its six colleges and schools, with a growing number of programs offered online. The University is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education and 12 other major academic and professional associations.
A dedication to diversity, equity and inclusion is at the heart of our mission. As a Catholic and Vincentian university, St. John's is committed to institutionalizing practices of inclusive excellence to ensure that we welcome and celebrate the intrinsic worth of all members of our community. We will become an even stronger university as we enhance equity at every level of our institution. As noted in our Vision Statement, our graduates will excel in the competencies and values required for leadership and service in a rapidly evolving world.
Lab Control Office Coordinator
The Lab Control Office Manager is responsible for supporting the technological needs of the College of Professional Studies and its laboratory spaces. The CPS Technology and Innovation Labs are educational spaces designed to foster technology, entrepreneurship and innovation across the College, and within St. John's University. The CPS Labs consist of 6 lab facilities adjacent to each other as follows:
Computer Science Lab where CPS research and development activities, tutorial classes and undergraduate and graduate research will take place in close collaboration with the faculty in computer science.
The Farella Innovation Lab, a collaborative open space where every semester, students can apply to participate in seminars on innovation, start up, develop their ideas, and follow a 12- week integrated program that combines mentoring, workshops and guest lecturing to support start up teams to move their ideas beyond initial concepts.
The Sandford Family Homeland Security Lab focuses on using simulation technologies to teach concepts in emergency response, management and critical communications. IT integrated modelling software with real-time communication data to mimic critical response situation.
The Cybersecurity Lab is a state-of-the art computer lab with dual purpose (connected and isolated based on need) focused on technology application and development, forensic analysis and cybersecurity threat simulations.
The Decision Science Lab serves as an incident command room for both the Homeland Security Lab and Cybersecurity Lab
The IDEA Lab is a creative space focused on integrating news, media and other technology with communication arts.
- Provide technological support to students, faculty, and administrative staff. This includes computer desktops, laptops, software, video and web conferencing, wired and wireless connectivity; phones, printers, and presentation tools like AirMedia and AppleTV
- Work with Information Technology to troubleshoot issues
- Administer the scheduling of the CPS Labs
- Hire, train and manage student workers
- Coordinate with internal departments and external vendors regarding upgrades and repairs to the facility and its peripherals
- Administer card-reader access for all CPS faculty, staff and students for Public Safety
- Conduct lab tours and demonstrations for guests
- Operate the Advanced Disaster Management Simulator (ADMS) for Homeland Security classes and specialized events
- Manage key assignments to select faculty, staff and student organization leaders
- Research, purchase, test and inventory new equipment and/or lab supplies for CPS
- Create and edit documentation of the labs
- Create and display signage
- Maintain the inventory database
- Develop and revise workflows in coordination with various CPS disciplines and their use of the lab spaces
- Coordinate with student organizations that utilize the CPS Labs (Ex. SJU Cybersecurity club, the Computer Science Society, Homeland Security Student Association, WRED-TV television club, The Entrepreneur Society of St. John's, the Criminal Justice Society and Category 5 Advertising Club)
- Work with the Technology Operations Director, Associate Deans and faculty to increase participation, visibility, and marketing of the initiatives
- Train others on how to utilize the technology in the labs
- Support extends to the adjunct lounge, mailroom, CPS Cafe and faculty offices
- Move furniture when needed
- BA/BS required;
- 3 years of experience leading or growing technology initiatives and programs, particularly in the areas of computer science and cybersecurity
- Strong understanding of and passion for the latest technologies and technology trends; application development, networking, and other programming experience a must
- Proven ability to deliver results with minimal oversight (self-starter)
- High level of organization, problem-solving, project management experience
- Ability to work occasional extra hours, including weekends as needed by the activities
- The ideal candidate should have a familiarity with the following programs: o VMWare Workstation
- Virtual Box
- Virtual Desktop Interface (VOi)
- Virtual machines
- Windows 10
- Mac OS
- Microsoft Office
- Adobe Creative Cloud
St. John's offers a competitive compensation program which is commensurate with your qualifications, experience, and contingent upon the departmental budget. We also offer an extremely comprehensive benefits program to meet the diverse needs of our workforce. Along with exceptional benefits such as medical, dental, life insurance, long term disability insurance, tuition remission, generous 403(b) employer contribution, employee assistance program, and liberal paid time off policies, faculty and staff can also enjoy St. John's performing arts, libraries, bookstores, dining facilities, campus recreation and sporting events.
Any offer of employment is subject to receipt by St. John's University of satisfactory references, verification of employment and education.
St. John's University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from women and minorities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply please click here!
|More Jobs from St. John's University|