St. John's UniversityLocation: Jamaica, NY 11439 Document ID: AD334-0B1Z Posted on: 2019-09-1809/18/2019 Job Type: Full-time
Jumpstart Site Manager
St. John's established in 1870, has three New York City campuses; a graduate center in Hauppauge, NY; international locations in Rome, Italy; Limerick, Ireland; and Paris, France; and study abroad locations around the world. The Princeton Review and other top rankings consistently recognize the University's outstanding academics, diverse student body, dynamic internship and volunteer opportunities, focus on student life, and diverse study abroad offerings. St. John's University offers more than 100 undergraduate and graduate programs in its six colleges and schools, with a growing number of programs offered online. The University is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education and 12 other major academic and professional associations.
A dedication to diversity, equity and inclusion is at the heart of our mission. As a Catholic and Vincentian university, St. John's is committed to institutionalizing practices of inclusive excellence to ensure that we welcome and celebrate the intrinsic worth of all members of our community. We will become an even stronger university as we enhance equity at every level of our institution. As noted in our Vision Statement, our graduates will excel in the competencies and values required for leadership and service in a rapidly evolving world.
Jumpstart Site Manager
- Oversee day-to-day operations of the Jumpstart program at St. John's University's partner schools
- Ensure that site performance and quality standards are achieved
- Facilitate Jumpstart training series
- Observe Jumpstart sessions and planning meetings, and provide coaching and feedback to members
- Support members in the completion of the expected hours' requirements
- Develop member supervision practices and support Jumpstart members in the completion of service
- Work with Jumpstart national staff to ensure grant and program compliance
- Build and manage high quality community partner/stakeholder relationships
- Support the recruitment, training, and management of college students as part-time AmeriCorps members to work with preschool children and partner schools
- Directly drive Jumpstart school's success outcomes
- Collaborate with SJU Jumpstart team
- Early childhood teaching
- and/or early childhood leadership
- Bachelor or Master Degree in education (preferably, early childhood)
- and/or experience in early childhood education
- Some knowledge of Jumpstart program is desirable
St. John's offers a competitive compensation program which is commensurate with your qualifications, experience, and contingent upon the departmental budget. We also offer an extremely comprehensive benefits program to meet the diverse needs of our workforce. Along with exceptional benefits such as medical, dental, life insurance, long term disability insurance, tuition remission, generous 403(b) employer contribution, employee assistance program, and liberal paid time off policies, faculty and staff can also enjoy St. John's performing arts, libraries, bookstores, dining facilities, campus recreation and sporting events.
Any offer of employment is subject to receipt by St. John's University of satisfactory references, verification of employment and education.
St. John's University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from women and minorities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply please click here!
|More Jobs from St. John's University|