St. John's UniversityLocation: Jamaica, NY 11439 Document ID: AD316-0BJ1 Posted on: 2019-09-2009/20/2019 Job Type: Full-time
St. John's established in 1870, has three New York City campuses; a graduate center in Hauppauge, NY; international locations in Rome, Italy; Limerick, Ireland; and Paris, France; and study abroad locations around the world. The Princeton Review and other top rankings consistently recognize the University's outstanding academics, diverse student body, dynamic internship and volunteer opportunities, focus on student life, and diverse study abroad offerings. St. John's University offers more than 100 undergraduate and graduate programs in its six colleges and schools, with a growing number of programs offered online. The University is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education and 12 other major academic and professional associations.
A dedication to diversity, equity and inclusion is at the heart of our mission. As a Catholic and Vincentian university, St. John's is committed to institutionalizing practices of inclusive excellence to ensure that we welcome and celebrate the intrinsic worth of all members of our community. We will become an even stronger university as we enhance equity at every level of our institution. As noted in our Vision Statement, our graduates will excel in the competencies and values required for leadership and service in a rapidly evolving world.
The Office of Business Affairs seeks an analytical individual with experience in the area of Financial Planning and Analysis. This individual will support the AVP for Business Affairs and Director of University Budgets in financial planning and analysis and budget management for the University.
- Develop and update management reports and analysis of University-wide financial results as well as analyses for specific programs, schools/colleges, and campuses within the University.
- Assist with annual budget development and ongoing budget management activities.
- Help prepare and update the University' s long-range planning model, including enrollment, revenue, and expense projections.
- Leverage financial planning and analysis technology to integrate financial modeling with system data to help inform decision making.
- Prepare ad hoc reports, financial models and presentations for senior management.
- Prepare and coordinate the preparation of annual benchmarking and competitive analysis studies such as student pricing, performance metrics, and various financial and non - financial surveys.
- Provide support to Business Affairs and other units by generating reports and extracting and summarizing data to facilitate analyses and reporting.
- Assist with maintenance and upgrades to Ellucian Banner (the University's financial system) and other budget management and financial planning software used by Business Affairs.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- BS in Accounting/Finance or related field, Masters Degree, and/or CPA preferred.
- Prior experience in higher education, preferably with experience with Ellucian Banner.
- Minimum of five years of data/financial analysis experience in higher education and three years of management reporting and project management experience.
- Strong detail-oriented, analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills required.
- Ability to manage changing priorities and multiple tasks and work under deadlines.
- Advanced skills in Excel and PowerPoint and demonstrated experience with databases.
- Strong customer service skills demonstrating tact and sensitivity in stressful situations.
- Proficiency in the use of reporting products such as Hyperion.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact with others professionally.
- Able to work in a team environment and also possess a strong independent work ethic.
- Demonstrated critical thinking and analytic skills.
St. John's offers a competitive compensation program which is commensurate with your qualifications, experience, and contingent upon the departmental budget. We also offer an extremely comprehensive benefits program to meet the diverse needs of our workforce. Along with exceptional benefits such as medical, dental, life insurance, long term disability insurance, tuition remission, generous 403(b) employer contribution, employee assistance program, and liberal paid time off policies, faculty and staff can also enjoy St. John's performing arts, libraries, bookstores, dining facilities, campus recreation and sporting events.
Any offer of employment is subject to receipt by St. John's University of satisfactory references, verification of employment and education.
St. John's University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from women and minorities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply please click here!
|More Jobs from St. John's University|