St. John's UniversityLocation: Jamaica, NY 11439 Document ID: AD216-0B6R Posted on: 2019-09-0609/06/2019 Job Type: Full-time
Collection Services and Digital Initiatives Librarian - School of Law
St. John's established in 1870, has three New York City campuses; a graduate center in Hauppauge, NY; international locations in Rome, Italy; Limerick, Ireland; and Paris, France; and study abroad locations around the world. The Princeton Review and other top rankings consistently recognize the University's outstanding academics, diverse student body, dynamic internship and volunteer opportunities, focus on student life, and diverse study abroad offerings. St. John's University offers more than 100 undergraduate and graduate programs in its six colleges and schools, with a growing number of programs offered online. The University is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education and 12 other major academic and professional associations.
A dedication to diversity, equity and inclusion is at the heart of our mission. As a Catholic and Vincentian university, St. John's is committed to institutionalizing practices of inclusive excellence to ensure that we welcome and celebrate the intrinsic worth of all members of our community. We will become an even stronger university as we enhance equity at every level of our institution. As noted in our Vision Statement, our graduates will excel in the competencies and values required for leadership and service in a rapidly evolving world.
Collection Services and Digital Initiatives Librarian
School of Law
Collection Services & Digital Initiatives Librarian Monday-Thursday, 9-5 p.m. & Friday 9-3 p.m.
The St. John's Law School Rittenberg Library seeks applications for the position of Collection Services & Digital Initiatives Librarian. Reporting to the Associate Dean for Library Services, the Collection Services & Digital Initiatives Librarian will join a service-centered team re-envisioning the role of the law library in a strong and vibrant law school community. The Librarian is responsible for primary administration of the integrated library system and institutional repository and oversees the processing and discovery of digital and physical resources. They also serve on the Reference team, whose members collaborate closely to provide reference services and legal research instruction.
- Primary administration of the integrated library system, including oversight of initiatives to enhance discovery of library resources.
- Train and supervise the Library's Collection Services & Digital Initiatives staff to facilitate efficient processing and discovery of print and digital library resources.
- Under the direction of the Associate Dean for Library Services, monitor acquisitions spending and oversee invoice processing for acquisitions accounts.
- Explore and implement digital resources for delivery of library services.
- Manage onsite and proxy access to digital research resources to ensure maximum availability for law faculty and students.
- Serve as primary administrator of the institutional repository with specific emphasis on the strategic development of the collections to best showcase the intellectual output of the Law School/
- Participate in the preparation and delivery of legal research instruction.
- Provide reference services to law faculty and students.
- Collaboratively evaluate and realign the government documents collection to meet the needs of the institution.
- Manage projects and participate as a team member in projects managed by the Library Director and other Libraries.
- Foster strong working relationships with colleagues both at St. John's and in other libraries.
- Work together with all Library team members in carrying out the long and short-term goals and objectives of the Library and the Law School.
- J.D. from ABA approved law school; M.L.S. from ALA accredited library school.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of and experience with bibliographic utilities and integrated library systems.
- Demonstrated exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- A strong work ethic and commitment to excellent service.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively, both independently and collaboratively, within a collegial environment.
- Commitment to engage in professional development activities and opportunities.
- Adept in the use of the Microsoft Office Suite and other standard business and academic applications.
- Ability to combine the pursuit of excellence with a spirit of kindness and collaboration.
- Two or more years of experience in a law library setting.
- Knowledge or experience with metadata standards, bibliographic data, and cataloging standards.
- Experience working with new and emerging technologies.
- Experience managing electronic resources.
- Proficiency with Lexis, Westlaw, Bloomberg Law, other electronic research resources, and print legal materials.
St. John's offers a competitive compensation program which is commensurate with your qualifications, experience, and contingent upon the departmental budget. We also offer an extremely comprehensive benefits program to meet the diverse needs of our workforce. Along with exceptional benefits such as medical, dental, life insurance, long term disability insurance, tuition remission, generous 403(b) employer contribution, employee assistance program, and liberal paid time off policies, faculty and staff can also enjoy St. John's performing arts, libraries, bookstores, dining facilities, campus recreation and sporting events.
Any offer of employment is subject to receipt by St. John's University of satisfactory references, verification of employment and education.
St. John's University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from women and minorities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply please click here!
|More Jobs from St. John's University|