St. John's UniversityLocation: Jamaica, NY 11439 Document ID: AD294-0AV6 Posted on: 2019-08-3008/30/2019 Job Type: Full-time
Clinical Office Assistant - Center for Psychological Services
St. John's established in 1870, has three New York City campuses; a graduate center in Hauppauge, NY; international locations in Rome, Italy; Limerick, Ireland; and Paris, France; and study abroad locations around the world. The Princeton Review and other top rankings consistently recognize the University's outstanding academics, diverse student body, dynamic internship and volunteer opportunities, focus on student life, and diverse study abroad offerings. St. John's University offers more than 100 undergraduate and graduate programs in its six colleges and schools, with a growing number of programs offered online. The University is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education and 12 other major academic and professional associations.
A dedication to diversity, equity and inclusion is at the heart of our mission. As a Catholic and Vincentian university, St. John's is committed to institutionalizing practices of inclusive excellence to ensure that we welcome and celebrate the intrinsic worth of all members of our community. We will become an even stronger university as we enhance equity at every level of our institution. As noted in our Vision Statement, our graduates will excel in the competencies and values required for leadership and service in a rapidly evolving world.
Clinical Office Assistant
Center for Psychological Services
The Center for Psychological Services is the primary training site for the psychology graduate programs in Clinical and School Psychology at St John's University. The primary responsibilities of this position will include the oversight of all features of the front desk area of the Center for Psychological Services, a fully functional mental health clinic. This role is complex and requires meticulous thought, organization, planning, problem solving, and attention to detail. The secretary must provide courteous service to clients, student-therapists, faculty, and University administrators and is responsible for the efficient handling of all front desk functions, including the oversight of all undergraduate student workers who provide front desk support. Evening hours and schedule flexibility are required.
- Oversee the efficient running of all front desk/Center functions
- Register clients at the time of appointment, collect fees, and issue receipts; notify therapists of client arrival
- Schedule and track all client appointments using Center's electronic record system
- Process mailings of clinical information
- Distribute, track and monitor all testing kits
- Classify, index, and oversee the maintenance of client records
- Maintain office equipment
- Track accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Process and track payments for Faculty Practice
- Maintain Center calendar and staff schedules
- Liaison with other University staff for the optimal functioning of the Center
- Oversee and trouble shoot physical plant concerns
- Monitor and replenish inventory of office supplies and center needs
- Supervision of undergraduate student workers and possibly other staff members (depending on qualifications)
- Maintain standard operating procedures in compliance with Center, University, State and Federal regulations
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent is Associates degree is preferred.
- 3 years+ experience in a medical/mental health office is
- Knowledge of HIPAA practices required
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Must be accurate, organized, and detail oriented
- Excellent problem solving and planning skills
- Discretion and tact in handling confidential information
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
St. John's offers a competitive compensation program which is commensurate with your qualifications, experience, and contingent upon the departmental budget. We also offer an extremely comprehensive benefits program to meet the diverse needs of our workforce. Along with exceptional benefits such as medical, dental, life insurance, long term disability insurance, tuition remission, generous 403(b) employer contribution, employee assistance program, and liberal paid time off policies, faculty and staff can also enjoy St. John's performing arts, libraries, bookstores, dining facilities, campus recreation and sporting events.
Any offer of employment is subject to receipt by St. John's University of satisfactory references, verification of employment and education.
St. John's University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from women and minorities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply please click here!
|More Jobs from St. John's University|