St. John's UniversityLocation: Jamaica, NY 11439 Document ID: AD255-0CJ9 Posted on: 2019-09-1009/10/2019 Job Type: Full-time
Associate Director Public Safety Compliance
St. John's established in 1870, has three New York City campuses; a graduate center in Hauppauge, NY; international locations in Rome, Italy; Limerick, Ireland; and Paris, France; and study abroad locations around the world. The Princeton Review and other top rankings consistently recognize the University's outstanding academics, diverse student body, dynamic internship and volunteer opportunities, focus on student life, and diverse study abroad offerings. St. John's University offers more than 100 undergraduate and graduate programs in its six colleges and schools, with a growing number of programs offered online. The University is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education and 12 other major academic and professional associations.
A dedication to diversity, equity and inclusion is at the heart of our mission. As a Catholic and Vincentian university, St. John's is committed to institutionalizing practices of inclusive excellence to ensure that we welcome and celebrate the intrinsic worth of all members of our community. We will become an even stronger university as we enhance equity at every level of our institution. As noted in our Vision Statement, our graduates will excel in the competencies and values required for leadership and service in a rapidly evolving world.
Associate Director Public Safety Compliance
This position involves the development, implementation, and management of the Department's global security strategies and maintaining Clery Component of Incident Tracking database as it complies with the federal government Clery Act. Both of these programs protect University members, properties and products/services from risks including crime, violence, onsite crises, etc. The position will also develop and maintain the policies and procedures for our global campuses, work with the current on-site staff and outsourced security company to maintain the customer service level and safety of our global students.
- Ensure the University's compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act and associated regulations. Coordinate and develop the University's Clery Act program and policy, staying abreast of pending and final changes to the Clery Act and other laws or regulations affecting Clery Act provisions; submits annual crime statistics to the Department of Education, as required, for all campuses. Collaborate with Police Department, the Division of Emergency Management, and the Office of Public Relations to ensure compliance with the "Emergency Notification" requirements of the Clery Act. Ensure the University maintains accurate records on security awareness and crime prevention programs and presentations, including any additional and/or satellite campuses; serves as Records Custodian for all Clery Act-associated records.
- Work with the Office of Environmental Health and Safety to prepare, publish and distribute the Annual Security and Fire Safety Report, ensuring that prospective students and employees are aware of its availability.
- Direct the development of an effective global strategy to mitigate security risks and safeguard the University from crime, theft, violence, fraud and violation of University Regulations, local and state laws, and national laws where applicable. Direct the domestic and international staff in identifying, developing, implementing and maintaining security processes, practices, and policies throughout the University.
- Develop and maintain relationships with high-level law enforcement and international counterparts to include in-country security and international security agencies, intelligence and private sector counterparts worldwide.
- Update current policies to incorporate new federal laws enacted by the Violence Against Women Act. Update current policies to incorporate new N.Y.S education laws relative to sexual assaults.
- Receive and maintain annual training concerning investigative techniques relative to sexual assaults, dating violence, domestic violence and stalking as required by the Violence Against Women Act.
- Conduct investigations as directed by the Title IX Coordinator into allegations of sexual assault, rape, fondling, dating violence, domestic violence, sexual harassment and stalking. Prepare written reports, collect, review and document CCTV video, text messages, voice messages and social media posts relevant to an allegation investigation.
- Conduct investigations and prepare reports as directed by the Title IX Coordinator. Participate in university conduct board hearings relative to Title IX investigations.
- Provide annual training for all public safety personnel relative to the Violence Against Women Act thus ensuring compliance. Provide annual Campus Security Authority training ensuring compliance with the Clery Act.
- Bachelors degree required. Master's Preferred
- 5-7 years of experience required.
- Knowledge of the Clery Act and associated regulations
- Bachelor's degree or higher in security/business or related field required
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Ability to develop consensus within an organizational climate of diverse operational activities and often conflicting regulations imposed by agencies with regulatory jurisdiction
- Ability to effectively communicate within all levels of the organization, including briefing executive management on the status of security issues
- Emotional maturity to understand the impact, sensitivity and confidentiality of security issues
- Ability to complete global strategic planning and put that plan effectively into action
- Technology orientated
- Able to travel and work various hours and/or days
St. John's offers a competitive compensation program which is commensurate with your qualifications, experience, and contingent upon the departmental budget. We also offer an extremely comprehensive benefits program to meet the diverse needs of our workforce. Along with exceptional benefits such as medical, dental, life insurance, long term disability insurance, tuition remission, generous 403(b) employer contribution, employee assistance program, and liberal paid time off policies, faculty and staff can also enjoy St. John's performing arts, libraries, bookstores, dining facilities, campus recreation and sporting events.
Any offer of employment is subject to receipt by St. John's University of satisfactory references, verification of employment and education.
St. John's University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from women and minorities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply please click here!
|More Jobs from St. John's University|