St. John's UniversityLocation: Jamaica, NY 11439 Document ID: AD304-0BN1 Posted on: 2019-09-2009/20/2019 Job Type: Full-time
Assistant Athletic Trainer for Women's Soccer and Softball
St. John's established in 1870, has three New York City campuses; a graduate center in Hauppauge, NY; international locations in Rome, Italy; Limerick, Ireland; and Paris, France; and study abroad locations around the world. The Princeton Review and other top rankings consistently recognize the University's outstanding academics, diverse student body, dynamic internship and volunteer opportunities, focus on student life, and diverse study abroad offerings. St. John's University offers more than 100 undergraduate and graduate programs in its six colleges and schools, with a growing number of programs offered online. The University is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education and 12 other major academic and professional associations.
A dedication to diversity, equity and inclusion is at the heart of our mission. As a Catholic and Vincentian university, St. John's is committed to institutionalizing practices of inclusive excellence to ensure that we welcome and celebrate the intrinsic worth of all members of our community. We will become an even stronger university as we enhance equity at every level of our institution. As noted in our Vision Statement, our graduates will excel in the competencies and values required for leadership and service in a rapidly evolving world.
Assistant Athletic Trainer for Women's Soccer and Softball
As a full-time assistant athletic trainer, you will be responsible for communicating with your direct supervisor and coaches both daily and weekly. In doing so, you will generate daily coaches' reports that explain, in detail, the athlete's injury and their lifting, cardio, and practice restrictions. You will also be responsible for handling athletes' insurance information and scheduling appointments with outside physicians. Serving as the direct supervisor for student workers and graduate assistants within the Sports Medicine Department will also be your responsibility. This includes training them on basic sports medicine tasks/emergency situations; ensuring they have knowledge of HIPPA rules, OSHA regulations, and their workplace expectations/duties; keeping them up-to-date with their CPR/AED certification; conducting random monthly tests to make sure students are compliant with first aid and emergency duties. You will also be held responsible for complying with OSHA regulations. This entails: ensuring that biohazard containers are in place at every athletic facility - including athletic training rooms, locker rooms, weight rooms, and athletic fields/courts; maintaining close communication with the environmental services department on campus; ensuring immunization documentation for each athletic staff member is up to date; organizing education and annual training for all athletic staff members on proper universal precautions and proper biohazard removal. As a member of the St. John's University Sports Medicine Staff, you must immediately establish and continuously maintain a working knowledge of the NCAA and BIG EAST Conference rules and regulations and St. John's University Policies and Procedures. You must also continuously operate within the guidelines, policies and procedures in your area of responsibility within the department to ensure 100% compliance with the NCAA/BIG EAST rules and regulations. Finally, you must also fulfill the University's mission of assisting students and others.
- Communicate with direct supervisor and coaches will occur both daily and weekly. Daily coaches' reports will explain in detail the athlete's injury, lifting, cardio, and practice restrictions.
- Handle insurance information.
- Scheduling of outside physician appointments.
- Will serve as the direct supervisor for work student in the Sports Medicine Department. Includes rules/expectations/duties, training of students on basic sports medicine tasks/emergency situations, HIPPA rules, OSHA regulations. Will ensure that all student workers obtain CPR/AED and first aid certification. Will conduct random monthly tests for students' compliance on first aid and emergency duties and skills.
- Responsible for maintaining OSHA regulations. Duties: ensuring that bio-hazard containers are in place at every athletic facility including athletic training rooms, locker rooms, weight rooms, and athletic fields/courts; maintain close communication with the environmental services department on campus and documenting that each athletic staff member is up to date on immunizations. Education and annual training to all athletic staff members on proper universal precautions and proper bio-hazard removal.
- Immediately establish and continuously maintain a working knowledge of the NCAA and BIG EAST Conference rules and regulations and St. John's University Policies and Procedures. Continuously operate within the guidelines, policies and procedures in your area of responsibility within the department to ensure 100% compliance with the NCAA/BIG EAST rules and regulations.
- Fulfill the University's mission of assisting students and others.
Persons applying for this position must be CPR/AED and First Aid certified. Applicants must also be a certified athletic trainer (ATC). Finally, applicants should have excellent written and oral communication skills and at least two years of related experience.
St. John's offers a competitive compensation program which is commensurate with your qualifications, experience, and contingent upon the departmental budget. We also offer an extremely comprehensive benefits program to meet the diverse needs of our workforce. Along with exceptional benefits such as medical, dental, life insurance, long term disability insurance, tuition remission, generous 403(b) employer contribution, employee assistance program, and liberal paid time off policies, faculty and staff can also enjoy St. John's performing arts, libraries, bookstores, dining facilities, campus recreation and sporting events.
Any offer of employment is subject to receipt by St. John's University of satisfactory references, verification of employment and education.
St. John's University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from women and minorities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply please click here!
|More Jobs from St. John's University|