This job posting is no longer active on Diverse Jobs and therefore cannot accept online applications.
This posting cannot receive an online application from your Diverse Jobs account. To apply, follow the employer's instructions within their job description.
American International CollegeLocation: Springfield, MA 01109 Document ID: AD175-0M9C Posted on: 2019-08-2108/21/2019 Job Type: Regular
Associate Dean of the School of Business, Arts and Sciences and Director of Bus
Associate Dean of the School of Business, Arts and Sciences and Director of Business
American International College is a private, coeducational institution of higher education located on a 70+ acre campus in Springfield, Massachusetts. The campus has 42 buildings on two sites approximately 1/2 mile apart with a total of approximately 660,000 gross square feet. Included in the inventory of buildings are student residences for a resident population of 900 students. Founded in 1885, the College has 3700 graduate and undergraduate students. AIC offers a variety of undergraduate and graduate programs through the Schools of Business, Arts and Sciences; Health Sciences; and Education. The mission of the College is to transform student lives through career focused learning, with a strong foundation in the liberal arts, a commitment to serving the community, and a high level of involvement in the global economy.
AIC strives to create a diverse and inclusive campus community that is representative, at all job levels, of the students we serve. We are an EEO employer and we welcome applications from individuals for positions where they are underrepresented.
The School of Business, Arts and Sciences includes the undergraduate programs in the areas of business, the humanities, the social sciences, and the physical and life sciences and the graduate programs in business (MBA, MSAT) and psychology (MA, MS, EdD).The Associate Dean of the School of Business, Arts, and Sciences and Director of Business programs will serve as a member of the Dean's leadership team and collaborate with the Dean to direct and organize school-wide educational planning and program development in accordance with the institution's strategic plan and vision. As the head of the Division of Business, this position will also provide day-to-day operational leadership to the division.
- Recruit, develop, support, and evaluate, in collaboration with department chairs, adjunct faculty for the School of BAS.
- Provide academic oversight for graduate business programs, including completion of program assessments, annual reports, and program reviews; schedules; student advising; program compliance with policies, academic standards, and accreditation requirements; and curriculum revision.
- Work collaboratively with graduate Admissions to coordinate and oversee recruitment of students in graduate business programs, including development of marketing materials, participation at open houses and other events, outreach to potential students, review of candidate applications, development of enrollment projections, and other activities as requested or assigned.
- Monitor program compliance with IACBE accreditation standards, to include coordination with undergraduate business program chair, generation of the annual report, lead the reaccreditation process, and serve as the AIC liaison to IACBE.
- In collaboration with CETLS, provide assistance to faculty with setting goals, establishing scholarship plans, and serving the institution.
- Manage student concerns and requests such as transfer credit permission, general academic petitions, study away requests, and registration or schedule conflicts.
- Provide oversight of assessment plans, annual reports, and program reviews for School of BAS programs.
- Work with the dean to develop external relations and community partnerships in support of School of BAS programs; represent the dean, internally and externally, as appropriate.
- Provide academic support to institutional joint articulation agreements with other institutions, including the development and maintenance of course equivalency guides and program plans.
- Carry out other responsibilities as assigned by the dean
- Required Degree(s): Master's degree in business and doctorate in field appropriate to the School of Business, Arts and Sciences or Doctorate in business or related field
- Preferred Degree(s): Doctorate in business or related field
- Strong technical knowledge in the subject areas of management, finance and accounting. Additionally, must be competent in the use of Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Strong presentation, oral, and written communication skills. Strong creative thinking and problem solving skills. Must be able to deal with issues in an efficient and effective manner.
- Strong management skill sets including experience leading and working with cross-functional teams. Should feel comfortable promoting, leading and implementing continuous improvement initiatives within functional areas of responsibility.
- Strong project management skills including all facets of project planning, implementation and review. Must be well organized with strong time management skills.
- Must have proven successful experience as an instructor of graduate and undergraduate courses.
This is a full-time, twelve-month, exempt-level position. Normal office hours are 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., flexible to the needs of the department and require occasional evening and weekend work. This is a benefits eligible position.
Qualified applicants should save and submit a brief cover letter, current resume, and contact information for three professional references (one of which must be a current or prior supervisor) as one document. Upload the saved document into the online application.
|More Jobs from American International College|