MiraCosta CollegeLocation: Oceanside, CA 92056 Document ID: AC115-3YIJ Posted on: 2018-04-1104/11/2018 Job Type: Regular
Director, Veterans Business Outreach Center (VBOC) 2018
Director, Veterans Business Outreach Center (VBOC) 2018
To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to: https://jobs.miracosta.edu
Discipline or Department: Veterans Business Outreach Center (VBOC)
Position Type: Administrator
Hourly Rate or Monthly Salary: Salary range is $84,810 to $103,086 per year on Executive/Administrative/Managerial salary schedule.
Working Hours: One regular, full-time, grant-funded, overtime exempt position, 40 hours per week, 12 months per year, at the MiraCosta College Technology Career Institute, 2075 Las Palmas Drive, Carlsbad. The person selected for this position will be subject to assignment to any district or authorized facility during any hours of operation. A significant amount of travel is required because the Veterans Business Outreach Center (VBOC) serves Santa Barbara, Ventura, Los Angeles, Orange, Riverside, San Bernardino, San Diego and Imperial Counties. For more information about the VBOC, go to http://www.socalvboc.org. Veterans Business Outreach Centers (VBOCs) are a one-stop-shop for veteran and military spouse entrepreneurs and business owners looking to start and grow their business. VBOC services include business counseling, mentoring, training, and access to a partner network of business advisors, industry experts, and entrepreneurs. VBOC staff provide expertise about financing your business, business plan development, federal contracting certifications, marketing and social media, and commercial supply chain opportunities.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Apply and submit application materials through MiraCosta College's online application system at https://jobs.miracosta.edu. Once you are in the system, we strongly advise you to read the information on "How to Apply" and the FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions) before starting the application process.
In order to be considered for this position, you must submit the following documents directly in the online system, finish applying and receive a confirmation number by 11:59 PM on the closing date:
1. Administrator Position Application on which you list all relevant experience.
2. A cover letter addressed to the "Screening and Interview Committee" specifically describing how you meet the representative duties and desirable qualifications.
3. A current resume or curriculum vitae summarizing your educational background and experience.
4. Transcripts of college coursework which provide evidence of meeting the minimum qualifications as stated above. Unofficial or legible photocopies are acceptable. If a degree(s) was earned, the transcripts must state that the degree was awarded. Any degree/coursework used to satisfy the minimum qualifications must be from a postsecondary institution accredited by an accreditation agency recognized by either the U.S. Department of Education or the Council on Postsecondary Accreditation. If your degree(s)/coursework is from a college or university anywhere outside of the United States, you must submit a detailed evaluation from a professional evaluation agency. A partial list of agencies can be found at http://www.ctc.ca.gov/credentials/leaflets/cl635.pdf. Transcripts or translations in English still require the evaluation to show the U.S. equivalence of your degree.
- MiraCosta College is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. We strive to be a model for equity and inclusion, effectively supporting students from diverse socioeconomic and cultural backgrounds who possess a range of abilities, academic preparation, and life experiences. Please describe what qualifications and/or experiences have prepared you to contribute to the fulfillment of the College's goals for equity and inclusion.
- Do you have experience using and managing a computerized program activity tracking system and/or client relationship management system (CRM)?
- If you answered "yes" to the above question, list the computerized program activity tracking system(s) and/or client relationship management system(s) that you have worked with. Identify the name of the employer(s) and your position title(s), and explain in detail your experience using the system(s). IMPORTANT: The positions you reference must be included in the Employment History section of your application form. If not applicable, please type "N/A".
The screening and interview committee will review application materials approximately one week following the closing date. Applicants selected for interview will be contacted by phone; those not selected for interview will be notified by e-mail once interview candidates have been scheduled.
Offer of employment to the person selected for this position is contingent upon the following: successful completion of a pre-placement physical exam at district expense; submission of a current tuberculosis clearance certificate; proof of eligibility to work in the United States; fingerprint clearance; and Board of Trustees approval.
Individuals with qualified disabilities who need accommodation with any aspect of the application and/or interview process should contact Human Resources at 760.795.6854 at least five days prior to the closing date.
Retired STRS members are not eligible for this position.
Basic Function and Other Details:
Under the direction of the Dean, School of Career Education and Workforce Development, the incumbent is responsible for the development, promotion, and operation of the District's VBOC in accordance with the Cooperative Agreement with the U.S. Small Business Administration and the policies and procedures of the District.
1. Manage the delivery of the SBA's (Small Business Administration) "Boots to Business" training program to military bases included in the Cooperative Agreement. (E)
2. Provide business-related training and advice to veterans throughout the region. (E)
3. Develop and implement marketing plans to promote the program. (E)
4. Work with SBA district offices, resource partners (SBDC, SCORE, WBC), and other economic and veteran organizations throughout the region.
5. Ensure the VBOC meets program objectives and contractual requirements.
6. Supervise the development, planning, scheduling, publicizing, delivery, and evaluation of business training and counseling. (E)
7. Create an environment that promotes the economic impact of veteran-owned small businesses in the region.
8. Develop and implement a fundraising program to generate additional funds for the program. (E)
9. Implement a client activity tracking system that includes program evaluation, follow-up, and auditing capabilities. Maintain records and prepare reports. (E)
10. Develop and implement annual budget for the VBOC; analyze and determine current programmatic costs and forecast future expenditures. (E)
11. Coordinate advisory board meetings, if applicable.
12. Select, train, supervise and evaluate the staff of the VBOC. (E)
13. Perform related duties as assigned.
Type of Benefits:
Full benefit package which includes employer-paid medical, dental, and vision plans for employee and dependents; $100,000 employee life insurance; other optional coverages; and membership in the California Public Employees' Retirement System (CalPERS).
1. A bachelor's degree or the equivalent.
(To view MiraCosta College's equivalency guidelines for classified positions go to http://www.miracosta.edu/administrative/hr/downloads/Equivalency_Guidelines_for_Classified_Positions.pdf). AND
2. Five years of full-time professional experience in small business ownership or economic development programs; or administration of grants/contracts and business management; or consultant experience that includes at least two years of supervisory experience. (NOTE: For work experience, a "year" is defined as equivalent to 40 hours per week for 12 months, or at least 2,080 hours.)
1. Previous experience in small business ownership or economic development programs. 2. Previous experience in administration of federal, state and other grants. 3. Previous experience providing business counseling/advice. 4. Previous experience providing business training. 5. Previous experience working with veterans.
Licenses and Other Requirements:Valid California driver license.
Closing Date: 4/11/2018
First Screening Date:
Human Resources Contact Information:
email@example.com or 760.795.6854
About MiraCosta College
The MiraCosta Community College District is one of California's 114 public community colleges. The district includes the communities of Oceanside, Carlsbad, Encinitas, Cardiff, Olivenhain, Leucadia, Solana Beach, Rancho Santa Fe, Del Mar, Carmel Valley, and parts of Camp Pendleton.
MiraCosta offers undergraduate degrees, university-transfer courses, career-and-technical education, certificate programs, basic-skills education, and lifelong-learning opportunities, as well as a Bachelor of Science degree in Biomanufacturing.
The district operates two campus sites and two centers, and offers a robust online education program. The Oceanside Campus, serving approximately 10,500 students, is located on a panoramic 121-acre hilltop site with views of the ocean and mountains. The San Elijo Campus is located in Cardiff, 17 miles south of Oceanside, and attracts more than 3,000 students. The Community Learning Center in downtown Oceanside hosts about 2,500 students in the college's noncredit programs including English as a Second Language, the Adult High School Diploma Program, and other tuition-free, noncredit classes. The Technology Career Institute (TCI) in Carlsbad is part of the colleges Career Education Department. It offers our local community members the opportunity to enhance their lives and their careers with low-cost, hassle-free classes, workshops, and programs, as well as certificate programs to train skilled workers in industries such as high-tech manufacturing, maritime technology, and emerging technologies. The Small Business Development Center (SBDC) located at the TCI provides resources, workshops, and leadership programs for small businesses and serves all of North San Diego and Imperial Counties. The Veterans Business Outreach Center (VBOC), also located at the TCI, provides entrepreneurial development services such as business training, counseling, and mentoring, as well as referrals for eligible veterans and military spouses owning or considering starting a small business enterprise in Santa Barbara, Ventura, Los Angeles, Orange, Riverside, San Bernardino, San Diego and Imperial Counties.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency