This job posting is no longer active on Diverse Jobs and therefore cannot accept online applications.
Bluefield State CollegeLocation: Bluefield, WV 24701 Document ID: A7054-0K27 Posted on: 02/08/2013 Job Type: Regular
Will not pay relocation expenses
Vice President of Student Affairs and Enrollment M
Vice President for Student Affairs and Enrollment Management
Bluefield State College (BSC) invites applications and nominations for a visionary and energetic student affairs professional to provide strategic leadership as Vice President for Student Affairs and Enrollment Management. Reporting to the President, this cabinet-level position works collaboratively with other members of the senior leadership team to foster a climate focused on student success, service excellence, and data-informed decisions in alignment with the College’s mission, vision, and goals. The Vice President is responsible for leadership, integration, and management of student recruitment, enrollment, and retention efforts and provides direction for admissions, financial aid, student life, career services, the Educational Opportunity Center, Student Support Services, alumni affairs, and student health service.
Established in 1895, Bluefield State College is a vital HBCU in southern West Virginia. BSC is committed to serving students through accessible and affordable higher education. The College enrolls approximately 2,000 traditional and non-traditional students in 25 undergraduate degree programs in the schools of Arts & Sciences, Business, Education, Engineering Technology & Computer Science, and Nursing & Allied Health. All eligible degree programs are accredited by their professional association. The College has received international recognition in robotics competitions and is a member of the NASA WV Space Grant Consortium. BSC is an active partner in regional economic development initiatives and also serves a growing population of students in Beckley, WV.
Duties and Responsibilities: The Vice President is the President’s chief advisor on student affairs and enrollment management issues; directs development and implementation of a comprehensive enrollment management plan; develops, implements, and coordinates integrated campus-based programs and services that meet the varying needs of a culturally diverse traditional and non-traditional student population; and engages all College constituencies in focusing on student success. The full position description is available at http://bluefieldstate.edu/vp-student-affairs.
Minimum requirements include:
- A master’s degree in student personnel, higher education leadership, or a related field from an accredited university
- Progressively responsible experience in student affairs or enrollment management with at least five years in a managerial role at the level of director, dean or higher
- Demonstrated knowledge of current trends and implementation of effective practices in student personnel and enrollment management
- Demonstrated working knowledge of the areas within the division, including admissions and outreach, enrollment management, financial aid and scholarships, student life, and student success programs
- Successful experience developing, implementing, and evaluating recruitment, enrollment, and retention strategies for students from diverse backgrounds
- Successful development and implementation of an enrollment management plan, demonstrating effective use of data and achievement of results
- Demonstrated experience as a collaborative, results-oriented leader who is skilled at building and maintaining effective relationships, budget management, strategic planning, and human resource management
- An understanding of state and federal programs, agencies, and laws that specifically address higher education and student issues
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, analytical, customer service, and leadership skills
- Proven commitment to collaboration, diversity, integrity, inclusion, accountability, and service orientation.
Preference will be given to those candidates who demonstrate:
- A doctoral degree in a relevant field from an accredited university
- Experience in a culturally diverse environment
- Experience with first-generation and non-traditional students
- A strong understanding of academic issues, especially pertaining to academic integrity.
Compensation: Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
How to Apply: The Search Committee invites letters of nomination, inquiries, and applications. Complete applications to be submitted in electronic format only include: a letter of interest, current CV, contact information for at least five professional references, transcripts, and a completed BSC application. Review of applications begins immediately and continues until the position is filled. For full consideration, applications should be submitted by March 8, 2013 to the following: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bluefield State College is an HBCU, AA/EOE/ADA employer, committed to the principle that minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. The college complies with all applicable federal and state laws designed to promote equal educational and employment opportunities. Bluefield State College does not sponsor H1B VISA’s.