This job posting is no longer active on Diverse Jobs and therefore cannot accept online applications.
This posting cannot receive an online application from your Diverse Jobs account. To apply, follow the employer's instructions within their job description.
Rappahannock Community CollegeLocation: Glenns, VA 23149 Document ID: AD145-4PLB Posted on: 2019-04-1704/17/2019 Job Type: Regular
Minimum Education: Not Specified2019-05-17
Dean of Dual Enrollment and Community Outreach
Rappahannock Community College (RCC), a two-campus institution serving a rural 12-county area in the Chesapeake Bay region of Virginia seeks applicants for Dean of Dual Enrollment and Community Outreach. This position is an administrative faculty appointment. Excellent benefits package; salary commensurate with education and experience. Immediate appointment.
The College desires candidates with a commitment to the community college mission and experience working in a diverse student population, including adult learners and at-risk students. The successful candidate will be committed to academic excellence, continuous improvement through professional development, assessment, program and course development, and creating a collegial environment of civility, collaboration and open communication. The college strives for a faculty and staff with expertise in best practices, innovative strategies, and instructional technologies that support the highest quality teaching, learning, operation and administration. Finalists will be expected to deliver a presentation.
The Dean of Dual Enrollment and Community Outreach reports to the Vice President of Instruction and Student Development (VPISD). The dean is responsible for the RCC Dual Enrollment program, which constitutes more than one-third of RCC's credit enrollment, serves 14 public school divisions, the Chesapeake Bay Governor's School, two technical centers, and numerous private schools in a 12 county service region. The dean is responsible for the RCC public school partner's relationship and the integrity and productivity of the dual enrollment program. With the guidance of the VPISD, the dean works directly with school personnel and superintendents, RCC academic and student development deans, the college registrar, and other personnel in the student development and business offices to ensure that all aspects of the dual enrollment program are managed in a timely manner. The dean facilitates assessment, qualifies faculty, and manages the curricular planning and enrollment management functions of all dual enrolled coursework, pathways, and programs. The dean, in concert with other designated administrative colleagues, oversees and ensures the integrity of the dual enrollment program, and the status of dual enrolled students and courses. In addition, the dean is also responsible for organizing open houses, workshops, and some promotional activities that foster partnerships within the community. The dean serves on statewide committees and provides leadership to college standing committees. The dean maintains a consistent college-wide schedule that is designed to meet the duties and responsibilities of the position. Often during the week, the dean must work at any or all off-site locations or dual enrollment sites. As needed, or as determined by the VPISD, the dean regularly attends meetings scheduled at varying locations throughout the service region.
Qualified candidates must have:
- A master's degree or doctorate in one of the academic disciplines taught at the college, or a master's degree in a related area with eighteen graduate credit hours in an academic discipline that is taught at the college.
- Considerable knowledge of the community college mission, as well as administration practices and principles, curricula, instructional practices, and learning outcomes.
- Knowledge of regional accreditation standards as well as any applicable specialized accreditation, certification, and licensure requirements.
- Experience with policies and procedures at the college and secondary school level, including, but not limited to college admission, review of eligibility, enrollment of students, recruiting students for college, and advising individual students and parents.
- Familiarity with the structure and function of secondary schools and demonstrated ability to foster partnerships with parents, students, college and secondary school administrators.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and lead organized processes for ensuring accurate and efficient administration of work within the dual enrollment unit and with a variety of internal college departments, multiple school systems, and students.
- Proven ability to work as both a leader and a team player.
- Demonstrated excellence in oral and written communication, with the ability to prepare print and web marketing materials and to prepare and deliver presentations on college pathways, dual enrollment, and transfer matters to small and large groups.
- Demonstrated ability to resolve issues, resulting in mutual respect and tolerance for varying points of view.
- Demonstrated skill in managing a budget and other institutional resources.
- Ability to analyze data presented in a variety of formats, use queries to conduct analysis, and assess and evaluate trends and student performance.
- Ability to effectively use computer software such as Microsoft Office to create spreadsheets and PeopleSoft to accurately enter course and class scheduling data.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze data presented in a variety of formats, use queries to conduct analysis to assess and evaluate trends in student performance, discipline productivity and performance, and program productivity and performance.
- A valid driver's license is required for travel to high schools within the RCC's service area.
Preferred candidates will have:
- Supervisory experience in an academic setting.
- Current experience in using PeopleSoft to schedule classes, and to query and analyze data.
- Direct experience preparing audit and accreditation reports and visits.
- Current knowledge of dual enrollment issues at the local, state, and national levels.
Satisfactory reference and criminal background checks are a condition of employment.
A FULLY completed online employment application, CV, cover letter describing qualifications, and a complete, legible and updated set of unofficial transcripts from all institutions attended are required to be considered for this position. Copies of any licenses and certifications required by this position must also be included. Resumes will not substitute for a completed application. Information on the application is the primary source used for screening. Applicants are encouraged to complete information in all sections. Failure to complete any section may decrease the opportunity for interview selection. Official transcripts of all college coursework completed are required of the selected candidate.
Applications will only be accepted online through the Recruitment Management System at http://virginiajobs.peopleadmin.com/postings/145889 and must be received on or before May 12, 2019.
Job seekers with disabilities should contact Human Resources at least five (5) days prior to deadline if special accommodations are needed.
Rappahannock Community College intentionally develops its workforce to reflect the diversity of its region. The College maintains a workplace culture which values inclusion and demonstrates respect for all people. Further, Rappahannock Community College is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability or genetics. Rappahannock Community College complies with applicable federal, state, and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every college location. Inquiries related to the College's nondiscrimination policies should be directed to the Human Resources Manager, 12745 College Drive, Glenns, Virginia 23149.
|More Jobs from Rappahannock Community College|