This job posting is no longer active on Diverse Jobs and therefore cannot accept online applications.
This posting cannot receive an online application from your Diverse Jobs account. To apply, follow the employer's instructions within their job description.
Virginia TechLocation: Blacksburg, VA 24060 Document ID: AA472-0G8E Posted on: 2017-10-1810/18/2017 Job Type: Full-time
Web Software Developer
Network Infrastructure and Services provides network, wireless, public safety, voice, and cable TV services for the faculty, staff and students at Virginia Tech. NI&S is looking for intrinsically motivated individuals to be part of an Agile team that utilizes test-driven design to build applications using modern technologies. Applications developed will need to integrate with existing departmental systems, databases, and directories, using a combination of web services, messaging, and direct SQL / LDAP access.
• BS in computer science or related field
• Strong organizational, communications, and leadership skills
• Experience with unit testing
• Experience developing software using modern Java EE (EE 5+) or other Java-based web application development frameworks (e.g. JBoss Seam, Spring Framework, Grails), Node.js, or .Net
• Working knowledge of SQL databases: PostgreSQL, MySQL, Oracle.
• Graduate degree in computer science or related field
• Professional experience developing rich user interfaces in the browser using frameworks such as AngularJS and jQuery
• Experience working in a pair programming environment on teams that utilize Scrum as their Agile approach to software development
• Experience with Java web application development using IntelliJ IDEA (or the Eclipse IDE ), Maven, and Git
• Experience in test-driven development practices
• Experience with browser-side development automation using NPM , Grunt or Gulp
• Experience with writing scripts using Python
• Experience with systems integration strategies and patterns, such as REST / SOAP web services, messaging, direct SQL / LDAP
• Familiarity with the following standard Java EE APIs: CDI , JPA , JSF 2.x, JAX -RS, JAX -WS, JAXB , JNDI , JMS , JDBC , Java API for Web Sockets ( JSR -356).
To apply please click here!