This posting cannot receive an online application from your Diverse Jobs account. To apply, follow the employer's instructions within their job description.
Virginia TechLocation: Blacksburg, VA 24061 Document ID: AC274-0LD6 Posted on: 2018-07-2607/26/2018 Job Type: Full-time
This position is a Virginia Cooperative Extension ( VCE ) Family Nutrition Program ( FNP ) position on restricted funds within the SNAP -Ed. Supervision will be provided by the Virginia Cooperative Extension FNP Director. The Training and Events Specialist will coordinate all logistics and planning of FNP new hire trainings, continuing education, district meetings, and events, in conjunction with the Director and administrative team.
Key responsibilities include:
• Providing overall coordination for the planning and execution of training, professional development, and events, by:
• Creating and overseeing event timelines and calendars to ensure the accomplishment of tasks;
• Communicating consistently with the FNP administrative team, HNFE Extension Specialists, and the EFNEP Coordinator at the Virginia 1890 institution to identify training/event needs and to ensure seamless communication for all staff;
• Negotiating and securing facility/event space, lodging, meals, and equipment, for trainings and events, including visiting venues;
• Overseeing the registration process and following up with participants, as needed;
• Scheduling and confirming speakers and participants;
• Acting as the liaison for reviewing and finalizing contracts between the designated facilities and the Virginia Tech legal department; and
• Assisting with the development of promotional materials for all trainings, meetings, etc.
• A minimum of an associate's degree in education, business administration, related field, or equivalent years of experience;
• Experience with continuing education, training, and/or professional development logistics, including negotiations with facilities and hotels and contractual agreements;
• Excellent organization and communication skills;
• Experience working with diverse stakeholders;
• Software proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point
• A bachelor's degree in education, business administration, or related field;
• Previous professional experience working with university faculty
• Understanding of Virginia Cooperative Extension
To apply please click here!