This job posting is no longer active on Diverse Jobs and therefore cannot accept online applications.
This posting cannot receive an online application from your Diverse Jobs account. To apply, follow the employer's instructions within their job description.
Virginia TechLocation: Blacksburg, VA 24061 Document ID: AC263-0LCU Posted on: 2018-08-3008/30/2018 Job Type: Part-time
Provide technical support and write/edit documentation for TLOS technologies. Technologies include Canvas, Zoom, Kaltura, Respondus Lockdown Browser, iClicker, and more. Responsibilities include: Respond to support incidents escalated from 4Help to the TLOS team; help callers identify and solve problems in Canvas, Zoom, Kaltura, and other software packages; Use support management software to communicate with callers; Occasionally communicate via phone and in person; Create and edit end-user and internal documentation as part of a team of subject-matter experts, writers, and an editor; Perform testing, quality assurance, and other tasks as requested.
- Experience in customer service.
- Experience in technical writing (a writing sample is required)
- Knowledge of formatting, for example, Styles in MS Word, HTML , or similar.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with faculty members, staff, and students.
- Background using a variety of web browsers, operating systems, and software.
- Experience in software/systems support, preferably in a helpdesk environment.
- Experience with support workflows and ticket escalation.
- Experience and/or coursework in writing user manuals.
- Experience with publication workflows.
- Bachelor's degree related to technical communication and/or information technology.
To apply please click here!