This posting cannot receive an online application from your Diverse Jobs account. To apply, follow the employer's instructions within their job description.
Virginia TechLocation: Blacksburg, VA 24061 Document ID: AC263-0LCU Posted on: 2018-08-1708/17/2018 Job Type: Part-time
Provide technical support and write/edit documentation for TLOS technologies. Technologies include Canvas, Zoom, Kaltura, Respondus Lockdown Browser, iClicker, and more. Responsibilities include: Respond to support incidents escalated from 4Help to the TLOS team; help callers identify and solve problems in Canvas, Zoom, Kaltura, and other software packages; Use support management software to communicate with callers; Occasionally communicate via phone and in person; Create and edit end-user and internal documentation as part of a team of subject-matter experts, writers, and an editor; Perform testing, quality assurance, and other tasks as requested.
- Experience in customer service.
- Experience in technical writing (a writing sample is required)
- Knowledge of formatting, for example, Styles in MS Word, HTML , or similar.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with faculty members, staff, and students.
- Background using a variety of web browsers, operating systems, and software.
- Experience in software/systems support, preferably in a helpdesk environment.
- Experience with support workflows and ticket escalation.
- Experience and/or coursework in writing user manuals.
- Experience with publication workflows.
- Bachelor's degree related to technical communication and/or information technology.
To apply please click here!