This job posting is no longer active on Diverse Jobs and therefore cannot accept online applications.
This posting cannot receive an online application from your Diverse Jobs account. To apply, follow the employer's instructions within their job description.
Virginia TechLocation: Blacksburg, VA 24061 Document ID: AC263-0LCT Posted on: 2018-07-2407/24/2018 Job Type: Full-time
Reporting to the Director for Strategic Planning, the Program Coordinator is responsible for assisting with communications, logistics, and administrative support for a variety of strategic planning projects coordinated by the Office for Strategic Affairs. This includes collaborating with various campus offices and stakeholder groups to coordinate administrative responsibilities and collaborate on communications efforts, including Strategic Planning Committees, Office for Inclusion and Diversity, Academic Decision Support Office, University Relations, and units and programs across the institution. The position will work collaboratively with strategic planning committee members and other key stakeholders to organize in-person and virtual meetings, provide meeting minutes and relevant resources, and ensure effective communication within and beyond strategic planning committees and subcommittees. This position will also work with communication professionals based in units and colleges across the university to raise the visibility of strategic university initiatives through social media, the Office website, VT News, email communications, and other communications channels. The candidate must have solid progressive experience in program administration and communications in a higher education environment, including working collaboratively in diverse teams, building consensus, demonstrating exceptional interpersonal/presentation skills, and writing/editing documents and reports for multiple audiences.
- Bachelor's degree in communications, journalism or related field, or equivalent training and/or experience.
- Administrative experience working in roles that demonstrate successful communication, interaction and a service orientation in assisting senior leadership in their roles and responsibilities.
- Excellent written communication skills, such as experience recording the minutes of meetings, writing reports, and interpreting and communicating policies.
- Strong skills using technology in the workplace, such as familiarity with content management systems, web platforms, and social media competencies.
- Strong writing and public presentation skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively and as a member of multiple teams.
- Master's degree.
- Experience in a higher education environment.
To apply please click here!