This job posting is no longer active on Diverse Jobs and therefore cannot accept online applications.
This posting cannot receive an online application from your Diverse Jobs account. To apply, follow the employer's instructions within their job description.
Virginia TechLocation: Blacksburg, VA 24061 Document ID: AA396-0FQW Posted on: 2017-09-2209/22/2017 Job Type: Full-time
The Center for Neutrino Physics at Virginia Tech invites applications for one postdoctoral researcher position in neutrino phenomenology. The successful candidate will conduct research in the areas of theoretical high energy physics and its connections to astrophysics and cosmology with a focus on neutrino-related questions. Candidates with a background in nuclear physics are also encouraged to apply. Duties may also include supervising and coordinating the work of other researchers and personnel, especially graduate and undergraduate students, and development of future efforts. The successful candidate will be based in Blacksburg, VA but will be required to travel for conference presentations and international collaboration.
The successful applicant must hold a Ph.D. in theoretical particle or nuclear physics and be fluent in the English language. Experience in neutrino physics is preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of the principles of physics
- Advanced knowledge of the methods and techniques used in research in theoretical physics
- Advanced ability to evaluate and report objectively on research results
- Ability to communicate research results effectively at professional meetings and conferences
- Ability to work under limited supervision
- Experience working in teams of varied backgrounds.
To apply please click here!