This posting cannot receive an online application from your Diverse Jobs account. To apply, follow the employer's instructions within their job description.
Virginia TechLocation: Blacksburg, VA 24061 Document ID: AC282-0KYY Posted on: 2018-08-1708/17/2018 Job Type: Full-time
NLI Program Coordinator
Reporting to the Senior Director, Networked Learning Initiatives ( NLI ) and Faculty Digital Fluency, the NLI Program Coordinator will exhibit a strong commitment to excellence in planning, execution, and teamwork to fulfill the mission of Networked Learning Initiatives, a high visibility faculty development program within Technology-enhanced Learning and Online Strategies ( TLOS ), a unit of the Division of Information Technology. This position will coordinate the NLI computer refresh program and manage the day-to-day operations of program scheduling, customer relations, participant tracking, record-keeping, and classroom management. Additionally, the individual in this position builds relationships with staff, faculty, partners, and other stakeholders through strategic and professional communication. In an advisory capacity, this position will provide guidance and support to match individual faculty professional development needs with existing and potential curricular opportunities. The position manages all NLI correspondence, including electronic, written, meetings, and phone, in a timely and professional manner; coordinates and provides support to clientele for registrations and program selection; maintaining attendance records, preparing and sending correspondence to instructors, presenters, and participants; and, compiles, analyzes and reports on schedule requests, registration trends, and associated program data. The position also coordinates and manages troubleshooting and improvements of enrollment database. As the NLI Program Coordinator, this individual will work with the Director of Curriculum and Assessment and the Assistant Director of Training and Program Management to contribute to and/or teach NLI workshops, as appropriate.
- Bachelor's degree in English, Communication, Business or Education and related experience.
- Strong organizational skills, including ability to create and manage project plans to ensure achievement of program goals, objectives within program deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to streamline existing systems and processes and to create efficiencies and quality improvements.
- Strong problem-solving skills, including ability to use problem analysis, communication, judgment and discernment in anticipating and responding effectively to a wide range of unique situations.
- High level of proficiency in using business application software including, spreadsheets, databases, and document creation applications.
- Strong customer service skills including proven ability to communicate in a professional and courteous manner, interact respectfully and comfortably with a diverse clientele, including university faculty who have varying levels of technical understanding.
- Demonstrated ability to establish good working relationships with faculty, staff, and graduate students within an academic community.
- Strong analytical writing skills and knowledge of business English and ability to prepare correspondence, proofread, and edit documents.
- Experience in the fields of training and education.
- Experience in working with learning management systems and learning content management systems.
- Knowledge of Web 2.0 tools and social media for programmatic communication.
To apply please click here!