This job posting is no longer active on Diverse Jobs and therefore cannot accept online applications.
This posting cannot receive an online application from your Diverse Jobs account. To apply, follow the employer's instructions within their job description.
Virginia TechLocation: Blacksburg, VA 24061 Document ID: AC283-0N8M Posted on: 2018-08-2808/28/2018 Job Type: Part-time
Network Technology & Applications Assistant
As a member of the Network Engineering and Operations ( NEO ) team, the Network Technology and Applications Assistant will work closely with staff engineers tasked with the strategic development, design, and implementation of telecommunications infrastructure and services at Virginia Tech. This position will have three core functions including Network Operations Assistant, Applications Engineer, and Technology Lab Assistant.
This position will assist the engineering staff in production by performing on-site surveys and diagnostic tests, wireless surveys and troubleshooting. Additional responsibilities include assisting in the research and analysis of pertinent applications and technology solutions in anticipation of future demands and implement new tools, services and processes to improve and expand existing Authentication, Authorization and Accounting services. The Network Technology and Applications Assistant will also assist in the maintenance and organization of the technology lab facilities and support engineering staff in the installation, setup and configuration of lab hardware and related network infrastructure and installation/maintenance of software applications and scripts.
• Strong listening and communications skills
• Proficiency with Microsoft, Apple OS, Linux and/or Unix operating systems
• Must be able to lift 40 pounds
• Must be comfortable with simple handheld tools including cordless drills
• Valid drivers license
• Fundamental knowledge of networking concepts
• Basic knowledge of TCP /IP
• Working experience with AAA solutions, including FreeRadius
• Familiarity with IP based directory information services such as LDAP
To apply please click here!