This job posting is no longer active on Diverse Jobs and therefore cannot accept online applications.
This posting cannot receive an online application from your Diverse Jobs account. To apply, follow the employer's instructions within their job description.
Virginia TechLocation: Blacksburg, VA 24060 Document ID: AC275-0KWS Posted on: 2018-07-2607/26/2018 Job Type: Part-time
Interlibrary Loan Assistant
Under the direction of the Unit Head the Interlibrary Loan Assistant will:
- Search bibliographic records in the library's ILS operating and discovery systems, Library A-Z List, OCLC , and other sources to fulfill customer requests for books and journal articles.
- Provide direct customer support by responding to ILL e-mail inquiries, providing accurate information to customers. Route inquiries to the proper staff as appropriate.
- Provide clerical support to the unit by processing bills for overdue materials, processing and reconciling UPS invoices, checking in shipments, and other duties as assigned.
- Experience using with online library catalogs, bibliographic databases, or electronic resources management system.
- Experience with data entry and/or library automated systems.
- Experience working with the public and customer service; explaining and applying policies and procedures.
- Good problem solving and investigative skills
- Good computer skills, including word processing, spreadsheets, and other databases
- Strong written and oral communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated work experience with accuracy and attention to detail with minimal supervision.
- Interlibrary Loan experience in an academic library.
- Experience working with the Koha ILS , EBSCO Discovery Service, ILLiad, or OCLC Worldshare
- Working knowledge and experience with academic library e-journal/e-book database resource tools.
- Knowledge of UPS and USPS shipping procedures
To apply please click here!