This posting cannot receive an online application from your Diverse Jobs account. To apply, follow the employer's instructions within their job description.
Virginia TechLocation: Blacksburg, VA 24060 Document ID: AC275-0KWS Posted on: 2018-07-2607/26/2018 Job Type: Part-time
Interlibrary Loan Assistant
Under the direction of the Unit Head the Interlibrary Loan Assistant will:
- Search bibliographic records in the library's ILS operating and discovery systems, Library A-Z List, OCLC , and other sources to fulfill customer requests for books and journal articles.
- Provide direct customer support by responding to ILL e-mail inquiries, providing accurate information to customers. Route inquiries to the proper staff as appropriate.
- Provide clerical support to the unit by processing bills for overdue materials, processing and reconciling UPS invoices, checking in shipments, and other duties as assigned.
- Experience using with online library catalogs, bibliographic databases, or electronic resources management system.
- Experience with data entry and/or library automated systems.
- Experience working with the public and customer service; explaining and applying policies and procedures.
- Good problem solving and investigative skills
- Good computer skills, including word processing, spreadsheets, and other databases
- Strong written and oral communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated work experience with accuracy and attention to detail with minimal supervision.
- Interlibrary Loan experience in an academic library.
- Experience working with the Koha ILS , EBSCO Discovery Service, ILLiad, or OCLC Worldshare
- Working knowledge and experience with academic library e-journal/e-book database resource tools.
- Knowledge of UPS and USPS shipping procedures
To apply please click here!