This job posting is no longer active on Diverse Jobs and therefore cannot accept online applications.
This posting cannot receive an online application from your Diverse Jobs account. To apply, follow the employer's instructions within their job description.
Virginia TechLocation: Blacksburg, VA 24061 Document ID: AC282-0KZ4 Posted on: 2018-08-2308/23/2018 Job Type: Part-time
General Accounting Scanning Specialist
The General Accounting section of the Controller's Office receives paper journal entries from university departments requesting to transfer expenditures between funding sources. The General Accounting Scanning Specialist is responsible for sorting the paper journal entries, and scanning and indexing after the documents have been entered into the Banner Finance System. As needed, this position will provide backup support to related positions as needed and other duties as assigned.
The schedule for this wage position is Monday - Friday in the mornings, averaging 20 hours a week, with some flexibility with the beginning and ending times of shift schedules. In accordance with university policy, wage employees may work no more than 1,500 hours, per twelve-month period. This twelve-month period is defined as May 1 to April 30 for purposes of tracking the wage hours worked.
• Proficient utilization of various software applications such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and email
• Demonstrated customer service experience
• Strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
• Experience organizing, processing and prioritizing varied assignments
• Strong and accurate data entry skills
• Experience using common office equipment (telephone, copier, scanner)
• Experience using imaging hardware and software
• Experience auditing documents for compliance with policies and procedures
To apply please click here!