This job posting is no longer active on Diverse Jobs and therefore cannot accept online applications.
This posting cannot receive an online application from your Diverse Jobs account. To apply, follow the employer's instructions within their job description.
Virginia TechLocation: Blacksburg, VA 24061 Document ID: AC266-0KUH Posted on: 2018-09-2709/27/2018 Job Type: Full-time
Reporting to the Associate Director of Business and Finance, the Financial Specialist will work the Business Services units to prepare timely, accurate, and comprehensive reconciliations and journal entries for units. The monthly reconciliation process involves reconciling enterprise system data to the VT accounting system (Banner). The Financial Analyst also assists with budget and financial analyses for units. This position is responsible for ensuring compliance with all relevant Federal, State, and University policies and procedures.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business, Finance, Management or related field, or training and experience equivalent to a bachelor's degree.
- Accounting experience in a professional level accounting position.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of General Accepted Accounting Principles ( GAAP ).
- Thorough knowledge of procurement and business principles with the ability to research, perform complex calculations, analyze accounts, and create reports.
- Experience preparing detailed reconciliations.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite within Windows operating system environments, specifically Excel.
- Evidence of strong interpersonal skills including effective communication skills.
- Previous work in higher education.
- Experience with SCT Banner systems, or similar enterprise system.
To apply please click here!