This job posting is no longer active on Diverse Jobs and therefore cannot accept online applications.
This posting cannot receive an online application from your Diverse Jobs account. To apply, follow the employer's instructions within their job description.
Virginia TechLocation: Blacksburg, VA 24061 Document ID: AB113-0V27 Posted on: 2017-05-0405/04/2017 Job Type: Full-time
Coordinator of Veterans Services
The Coordinator of Veterans Services will provide leadership to the Office of Veterans Services. The Office of Veterans Services is the first point of contact for students seeking to use Department of Veterans (VA) education benefits and serves as a resource center for veterans and military-connected students. The Coordinator serves as principle advocate and provides leadership in a collaborative process with staff in Student Affairs, The Student Success Center, Office of the University Registrar, Bursar Office, University Scholarships and Financial Aid, Undergraduate and Graduate Admissions and members of the veterans and military support team campus-wide to facilitate students college transition, enrollment, and academic achievement. The Coordinator also serves as the University's liaison with outside agencies and offices, at the state and federal levels, whose work impacts the lives of veterans and all military-connected students.
The position reports to the Assistant Provost for Student Success Initiatives.
- Master's degree in a relevant field or a Bachelor's degree in a relevant field and experience which may equate to an advanced degree.
- Demonstrated success managing detailed, complex, administrative processes
- Demonstrated success in working in collaborative environments
- Experience in an administrative office in higher education or government related environment
- Excellent interpersonal and listening skills to effectively communicate with individuals with diverse multicultural backgrounds
- Ability to utilize computer technology to input/access data, maintain records, review and generate reports
- Must be detail-oriented and have strong customer service skills
- Knowledge of post-secondary issues for veterans and/or military-connected students
- Understanding of Federal Financial Aid regulations
To apply please click here!
|More Jobs from Virginia Tech|