This posting cannot receive an online application from your Diverse Jobs account. To apply, follow the employer's instructions within their job description.
Virginia TechLocation: Blacksburg, VA 24061 Document ID: AC263-0LCX Posted on: 2018-08-1408/14/2018 Job Type: Full-time
Communications Associate/Administrative Assistant
The Department of Food Science and Technology seeks a Communications Associate/Administrative Assistant to provide administrative support to the faculty, staff and students. The Communication Associate/Administrative Assistant is responsible for:
• Leading all public relations, marketing, communication, and outreach efforts for the department to promote programs, facilities, services, and events.
• Oversight for the production of all promotional materials and publications (photo, video, flyers, posters, banners, handouts, digital signage, social media, website, etc.).
• Assisting with the processing of orders through HokieMart
• Assisting with travel arrangements and managing travel through the TEM system.
• Assists with administrative responsibilities in managing departmental activities and operations.
Experience in fields of Public Relations and Communications that includes responsibilities such as developing and executing a marketing plan, creating a departmental/business image, and oversight of promotional publication creation; Demonstrated strong computer skills and understanding of web development tools; Excellent verbal communication, interpersonal, time management, and organizational skills; Experience providing high-level administrative support and customer service in a professional office environment.
Bachelor's degree in Communications, Business Administration or similar field; Demonstrated experience with HokieMart, HokieSpa and TEM travel system; Experience with Microsoft Office software and web development tools.
To apply please click here!