This job posting is no longer active on Diverse Jobs and therefore cannot accept online applications.
This posting cannot receive an online application from your Diverse Jobs account. To apply, follow the employer's instructions within their job description.
Virginia TechLocation: Blacksburg, VA 24061 Document ID: AC263-0LCX Posted on: 2018-08-1408/14/2018 Job Type: Full-time
Communications Associate/Administrative Assistant
The Department of Food Science and Technology seeks a Communications Associate/Administrative Assistant to provide administrative support to the faculty, staff and students. The Communication Associate/Administrative Assistant is responsible for:
• Leading all public relations, marketing, communication, and outreach efforts for the department to promote programs, facilities, services, and events.
• Oversight for the production of all promotional materials and publications (photo, video, flyers, posters, banners, handouts, digital signage, social media, website, etc.).
• Assisting with the processing of orders through HokieMart
• Assisting with travel arrangements and managing travel through the TEM system.
• Assists with administrative responsibilities in managing departmental activities and operations.
Experience in fields of Public Relations and Communications that includes responsibilities such as developing and executing a marketing plan, creating a departmental/business image, and oversight of promotional publication creation; Demonstrated strong computer skills and understanding of web development tools; Excellent verbal communication, interpersonal, time management, and organizational skills; Experience providing high-level administrative support and customer service in a professional office environment.
Bachelor's degree in Communications, Business Administration or similar field; Demonstrated experience with HokieMart, HokieSpa and TEM travel system; Experience with Microsoft Office software and web development tools.
To apply please click here!