This posting cannot receive an online application from your Diverse Jobs account. To apply, follow the employer's instructions within their job description.
Virginia TechLocation: Blacksburg, VA 24061 Document ID: AC282-0KZ2 Posted on: 2018-08-1708/17/2018 Job Type: Full-time
Agile Project Manager
Enterprise Systems (ES), a provider of critical information services at Virginia Tech, is seeking an outgoing individual with a willingness to learn and knack for motivating others.
ES is looking to move in the direction of Agile Development while keeping our roots in traditional project management. The Agile Project Manager ( APM ) should be enthusiastic about agile methodologies and equally as passionate about the project management process. Additionally, a successful candidate will have demonstrated abilities in effective leadership, exceedingly well-established communication and interpersonal skills, and proven experience with project management.
The APM serves as part of a team that will be responsible for a diverse portfolio of projects and services that span across administrative and strategic initiatives of Virginia Tech. This role would be responsible for coordinating and managing information technology projects according to plan within the agreed scope, budget, and timeline defined by sponsors while incorporating best practices of agile methodology.
The Agile Project Manager can expect to be responsible for:
• Defining and communicating project success across functional organizations, technical units, and vendor partnerships
• Assembling project plans to meet customer and team requirements
• Coordinating and leading scrum meetings
• Identifying issues and driving risk resolution (remove impediments)
• Building and managing key relationships with stakeholders, directors, and team members within a matrix team
• Facilitating project meetings for customers and units
• Providing periodic status reporting
• Identifying and managing dependencies (project and cross-project)
• Performing proactive scope management and change control processes
This position ensures that projects and services follow Virginia Tech's standards and are managed in accordance with industry best practices.
Virginia Tech is unable to sponsor applicants for work visas for this vacancy.
- Bachelor's degree in Project Management, Business Information Technology, or a related field with relevant work experience
- Demonstrated success leading full life- cycle project management for complex projects using agile methodologies and best practices
- Experience successfully working with small project teams
- Experience developing long-range plans for delivery of IT services
- Strong organizational, leadership, and communication skills
- Experience managing scope, time, and resources using standard commercially available tools like Microsoft Project, TeamDynamix, etc.
- ScrumMaster certification required or obtained within the first 12 months of employment, if hired
- Project Management certification or successful completion of recognized project management curriculum ( PMBOK , Prince2)
- IT Service Management certification or successful completion of recognized service management curriculum ( ITIL , Cobit)
To apply please click here!