This job posting is no longer active on Diverse Jobs and therefore cannot accept online applications.
This posting cannot receive an online application from your Diverse Jobs account. To apply, follow the employer's instructions within their job description.
Virginia TechLocation: Arlington, VA 22203 Document ID: AA195-0IW0 Posted on: 2017-10-0410/04/2017 Job Type: Full-time
Virginia Tech is seeking an experienced project manager, research engineer, or research scientist to support an Army funded research project in mobile health and wireless communications. The successful candidate will:
• Manage the project to ensure successful completion of research and development objectives on time and within budget
• Prepare timely written reports and oral presentations that describe the project and fulfill contract reporting requirements
• Supervise graduate students, developers, engineers, and other project staff
• Work with the faculty principal investigator to issue subcontracts as needed, and maintain communication with subcontractors to ensure that they are making progress on their efforts.
• Interface with the university Office of Sponsored Projects on tasks such as reporting and project invoicing
• Interface with the university Office of Export and Secure Research Compliance to ensure that the project meets applicable regulatory requirements
The home base for this position will be in Falls Church, VA, although the team is likely to be geographically distributed, so some telework will be possible. Some travel will be required to support extended field testing at Army sites in Maryland and New Jersey.
Strong written and presentation skills, as demonstrated by previous work experience.
Demonstrated experience with software or technical project management.
Master's degree in a relevant field, such as electrical engineering, computer science, physics, biomedical engineering, or cyber security. Exceptions can be made for a Bachelor's degree in a relevant field, such as electrical engineering, computer science, physics, biomedical engineering, or cyber security with significant relevant experience.
Experience with development of Android software on phones and tablets
Experience with mobile health technology and ecosystems
Experience with wearable technology
Experience with short-range wireless communication methods such as Bluetooth, Zigbee, DLNA , Miracast, etc.
Experience with Android security and encryption methods
Masters or doctoral degree in a relevant field, such as electrical engineering, computer science, physics, biomedical engineering, or cybersecurity
-Body area networking and wearable technology
Demonstrated experience with US Army communication networks such as SRW
Demonstrated experience with private LTE communications networks
To apply please click here!