This job posting is no longer active on Diverse Jobs and therefore cannot accept online applications.
Utah Valley UniversityLocation: Orem, UT 84058 Document ID: AD066-20GU Posted on: 2019-05-0305/03/2019 Job Type: Regular
Associate Vice President - Athletics Director
Associate Vice President - Athletics Director
Position Category: Executive
The Associate Vice President - Athletics Director (AD) is responsible for the strategic leadership, development, and operational management of UVU's competitive intercollegiate athletics program. The AD provides visionary leadership and leads strategic planning; maintains an athletics program that is committed to the university's mission, values, and strategic priorities; works with UVU's Division of Institutional Advancement to raise funds for the athletic department and programs; administers the overall athletic budget; recruits, makes hiring and firing decisions, supervises, and evaluates coaches and athletic department staff; and ensures compliance with all university, NCAA, and conference policies, rules, and regulations. UVU's athletics program has evolved in significant and positive ways; the Athletics Director builds on recent achievements in advancing the future success of the programs, coaches and student-athletes. The Athletics Director reports directly to the Vice President, Finance and Administration, with a dotted line to the university president involving reporting and coordination through regular, direct communication.
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a masters degree or professional or other advanced degree in a closely-related field and at least five years of professional administrative/supervisory work experience in collegiate athletics, or bachelors degree in a closely-related field and at least eight years of professional administrative/supervisory work experience in collegiate athletics.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of rules and regulations governing NCAA intercollegiate athletics.
- Knowledge of recruiting practices and hiring policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of facilities management practices and procedures.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Skills in program and process planning, assessment, and improvement including implementing new strategies and procedures.
- Demonstrated skill in public relations and management principles and practices.
- Skills in employee development and performance management and evaluation.
- Strong negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Demonstrated skills as a collaborative leader with the ability to generate commitment to achieve goals and objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to recruit, hire, supervise, evaluate, and train coaches and staff, and to build and sustain competitive sports teams.
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and schedule athletic events and activities.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and secure resources through private donors and organizations.
- Demonstrated ability to administer a large, complex budget through sound fiscal management.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and accomplish goals and achieve timely and high-quality results.
- Ability to create marketing and public relations initiatives to promote UVU athletics.
Distinguished record of accomplishment as an athletics director or associate or assistant athletics director. Experience working with NCAA regulations. Experience coaching a collegiate or professional athletic team.
Demonstrated success in advancing student academic and athletic excellence. Demonstrated success in cultivating donors, excellent people management and communications skills.
Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
No or very limited physical effort required.
No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
UVU offers an excellent benefits package which includes a generous leave policy, 12 paid holidays, affordable medical and dental insurance options, life and AD&D insurance, tuition waiver (undergraduate resident) for employee and dependents and substantial employer contribution to a retirement plan.
Pay Range: DOQ
Advertisement Number: STA144618 Athletics Staff
Open Date: 02/14/2019
Review Start Date: 03/15/2019
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions to Applicant: Priority consideration will be given to those applicants who apply on or before the Review Start Date." This job advertisement may close at any time after the review date.Please list a minimum of three business references. References may be contacted at some point during the screening and selection process for a letter of recommendation.
To apply, visit: https://www.uvu.jobs/postings/11405
Employment decisions are made on the basis of an applicants qualifications and ability to perform the job without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 and over), disability, veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, or pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information, or other bases protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency