This job posting is no longer active on Diverse Jobs and therefore cannot accept online applications.
This posting cannot receive an online application from your Diverse Jobs account. To apply, follow the employer's instructions within their job description.
Wheaton CollegeDocument ID: AB415-0IYM Posted on: 2017-12-1112/11/2017 Job Type: Regular
Networking & Telecommunications Administrator/Engineer
Responsibilities of the Networking & Telecommunications Administrator/Engineer include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Configure, install, maintain, and repair network electronics and their associated peripheral components including switches, routers, and fiber-based network components.
• Oversee the installation, maintenance, and ongoing development of the copper and fiber optic wiring infrastructure for the internal and/or external networks of the campus.
• Implement standardized policies and procedures relating to purchase, installation, and repair of network related electronics.
• Provide input into and assist with the planning, design, and installation of campus-wide network and telecommunications systems.
• Manage the delivery and support of wireless network (WiFi) services across the campus, including component installation, configuration, troubleshooting, and repair.
• Configure and support Voice Over IP (VoIP) applications/hardware as well as digital and analog telephone equipment, while working with network and telecommunication vendors (equipment and service providers) to provide support for campus communications infrastructure.
• Monitor, maintain, and troubleshoot critical components of the College network to provide network access with limited interruption; resolve any network issues in a timely and professional manner.
• Provide technical expertise to other College IT staff to assist in solving technical network issues.
• Manage outside vendors.
• Configure, install, maintain, and repair UPS infrastructure for network/telecommunications electronics.
• Manage College cellular service.
• Ensure network equipment is maintained in a secure fashion; keeps abreast of network security trends and makes recommendations accordingly.
• Provide end-user support.
• Provide after-hours and on-call support.
• Bachelor's degree in the Computer Sciences or related field and 2 or more years of experience in a networked environment using both Windows and Macintosh computers required, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Experience with switching, routing, Ethernet topologies, wireless (WiFi), network security, VoIP; detailed hands-on experience with layer 2 and layer 3 switching, routing, SNMP management software; experience with DHCP , DNS .
• Detailed knowledge and understanding of structured cabling.
• Firewall, WAN , and VPN management experience.
• Detailed knowledge of Windows Servers, Windows desktop operating systems, Macintosh operating systems, UNIX /Linux, mobile device operating systems, TCP /IP, IEEE 802.x protocols, and VoIP.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Visio.
• Experience in direct user support providing excellent customer service.
• Excellent problem solving capabilities and ability to work well under pressure.
• Ability to work independently.
• CompTIA Network+, A+, Security+ certifications highly desirable.
• IT project management experience.
• Experience with ITIL Service Management framework and concepts.
• Experience at the enterprise network level, self-starter, detail-oriented, customer service focused, and security conscious.
• Perform some heavy lifting for equipment installation (45lbs or greater).
• Sometimes work is performed in confined, cold, and/or hot spaces.
Individuals must possess these knowledges, skills and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that the individual can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
Wheaton is a private coeducational liberal arts college within easy commuting distance of Boston and Providence. We have 1,600 undergraduates from 39 US States and 72 countries. More than 23.7% of our undergraduates are U.S. students of color and 13.9% are international students. Wheaton College is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and does not discriminate against any individual or group on the basis of gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, race, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, or disability. In a continuing effort to maintain and enrich an intellectually diverse learning environment, the Department and the College actively encourages applications from women and members of underrepresented groups.
Posting Date: 10/19/2017
Open Until Filled Yes
Office of Human Resources
Contact Phone/Extension: 508-286-8206
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Special Instructions to Candidates:
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Optional & Required Documents
- Cover Letter
- List of References
To apply please click here!
|More Jobs from Wheaton College|