This job posting is no longer active on Diverse Jobs and therefore cannot accept online applications.
This posting cannot receive an online application from your Diverse Jobs account. To apply, follow the employer's instructions within their job description.
Wheaton CollegeDocument ID: AB433-0IOE Posted on: 2017-11-2011/20/2017 Job Type: Regular
Head Coach, Men's Soccer
Responsibilities of the Head Coach include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Evaluate and recruit qualified student athletes.
• Organize and conduct team practices to prepare for and compete in team competitions.
• Travel locally, regionally and nationally for regular-season events, championships, conference and/or national meetings, fund raising, alumnae/i and community events.
• Prepare and manage operating and fundraising budgets.
• Develop a recruitment plan, including travel, solicitation, visits and budget.
• Oversee student-athletes academic progress and be available for consultation/support for student-athletes.
• Comply with all NCAA Division III , NEWMAC and Wheaton rules and regulations and ensure assistant coaches comply with the same.
• Work closely with the Athletic Communications Director to develop a media plan and be available for interviews and speaking engagements both internally and externally.
• Serve in an administrative capacity as needed, including a secondary duty throughout the year and game management assignments during the Spring athletic season.
• Recruit, hire, supervise, train and evaluate assistant coaches and student workers.
• Bachelor's degree in a related field and 2-4 years of collegiate coaching experience required, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Current and valid driver's license.
• The candidate must be able to work independently and have the ability to work evenings and weekends throughout the year to accomplish the tasks necessary for success in this field.
• The successful candidate must be committed to working and teaching within an environment that embraces the development of students around their education, diversity, and mental health awareness.
• Review of applications will begin immediately, with an anticipated start date in January 2018.
• Master's degree, collegiate soccer playing experience, and 3-5 years of head coaching experience.
Individuals must possess these knowledges, skills and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that the individual can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
Wheaton is a private coeducational liberal arts college within easy commuting distance of Boston and Providence. We have 1,600 undergraduates from 39 US States and 72 countries. More than 23.7% of our undergraduates are U.S. students of color and 13.9% are international students. Wheaton College is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and does not discriminate against any individual or group on the basis of gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, race, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, or disability. In a continuing effort to maintain and enrich an intellectually diverse learning environment, the Department and the College actively encourages applications from women and members of underrepresented groups.
Posting Date: 10/31/2017
Open Until Filled Yes
Office of Human Resources
Contact Phone/Extension: 508-286-8206
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Special Instructions to Candidates:
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Optional & Required Documents
- Cover Letter
- List of References
To apply please click here!
|More Jobs from Wheaton College|