This job posting is no longer active on Diverse Jobs and therefore cannot accept online applications.
This posting cannot receive an online application from your Diverse Jobs account. To apply, follow the employer's instructions within their job description.
Southern Methodist UniversityLocation: Dallas, TX 75206 Document ID: A7012-01DT Posted on: 01/08/2013 Job Type: Regular
The counseling psychologist provides psychological services to SMU students, consultation and outreach to SMU students, faculty and staff, while interacting with the Division of Student Affairs and the University at large.
Primary duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Direct psychological services to students (psychotherapy, assessment, crisis intervention) and consultations regarding students;
- Case management and administration;
- Meetings, outreach and committees;
- Professional development.
Master’s degree in psychology or closely related fields from an accredited college or university is required. Doctoral degree in psychology is strongly preferred.
Work experience in a college or university setting is strongly preferred. Licensed Psychologist in Texas, (or license eligible) by the Texas Board of Examiners of Psychologists is strongly preferred.
Master’s degree candidate must be licensed by Texas Board of Examiners of Licensed Professional Counselors or Social Work.
- Candidate must possess a strong knowledge of American Psychological Association (APA) Ethical Principles and the rules and regulations of the Texas Board of Examiners of Psychologists.
- Must also possess a strong knowledge of administration and interpretation of psychological tests.
- Candidate must possess strong interpersonal and verbal communications with the demonstrated ability to word with a diverse population.
- Must also possess strong diagnostic and case conceptualization skills, as well as the ability to develop, implement and evaluate effective treatment plans.
- Candidate must possess strong problem-solving skills with the ability to identify, analyze, evaluate problems and devise solutions, especially relating to clinical emergencies.
- Must also possess strong computer proficiency (MS Office Software) and knowledge of psychological testing software packages.
- Candidate must possess the ability to work collaboratively and consult with other Health Center staff.
TO APPLY: January 17, 2013.
To Apply: Please visit our website http://smu.edu/hr/recruit/ to access the online application. Click on Career Opportunities and apply to Job ID# 900308.
Southern Methodist University will not discriminate in any employment practice, education program, or educational activity on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, or veteran status. SMU's commitment to equal opportunity includes non-discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation.