This posting cannot receive an online application from your Diverse Jobs account. To apply, follow the employer's instructions within their job description.
Tennessee Tech UniversityLocation: Cookeville, TN 38505 Document ID: AC434-0IRJ Posted on: 2018-11-1311/13/2018 Job Type: Full-time
Position Number 253010
Working Title Dean of Nursing
Job Title Dean
Job Type Full-Time
Department Dean of Hester School of Nursing
Tennessee Tech University seeks an exceptional leader to serve as its next Dean of the Whitson-Hester School of Nursing. Reporting to and working with the Provost, and in coordination with the Deans from other Colleges and faculty from the WHSON, the Dean will have responsibility for the strategic, programmatic, financial, fundraising, accreditation, and management operations that support the mission and vision of the Whitson-Hester School of Nursing and its role within Tennessee Tech University.
• Define and execute a strategic vision for the future by articulating the distinctive needs and opportunities of the School;
• Support and continue the collaborative balance of teaching, research, and service in the School;
• Serve as a public voice for the School's constituents;
• Attract external funding from federal agencies, corporations, foundations, and interested donors to support the School's mission and develop relevant industry and professional partnerships;
• Along with department chairs, assure the continued prominence of the faculty by prioritizing the recruitment and retention of distinguished faculty which will inspire excellence in teaching and learning best practices and support a strong research agenda;
• Recruit and recommend candidates for chairperson, director and assistant/ associate dean positions;
• Identify opportunities in emerging areas of nursing for new academic and interdisciplinary initiatives;
• Advocate internally for resources to support a growing research agenda, faculty, and student population. Maintenance and oversight of the School's budget;
• Represent WHSON/TTU in the profession and the community by developing and maintaining key strategic partnerships within the academic, clinical, and local communities; and
• Demonstrate leadership ability working with national accreditation bodies for the reaccreditation of a nursing curricula.
A graduate degree in nursing and an earned doctorate degree in nursing or a field related to the School. Must hold an unencumbered RN license in Tennessee or be eligible for a TN RN license. Possess a record of recognized achievement in teaching, research, and service that would warrant a tenured appointment at the rank of professor in the School. Ability to inspire faculty and students with a sense of pride and purpose. Experience working with national accreditation bodies for the reaccreditation of a nursing curricula. The ability to articulate the School's vision, goals, accomplishments and needs to a broad range of external constituencies, including alumni, academic, government representatives and the business and industrial communities. A commitment to attracting and supporting strong students and a dedication to creating a diverse, open, and inclusive environment at both undergraduate and graduate levels.
Demonstrate the highest commitment to academic and scholarly standards. Ability, in conjunction with the faculty and other administrative leaders, to articulate a vision for the School and to develop and realize a plan to achieve it. Outstanding communication skills with strong interpersonal skills. A demonstrated commitment to cultural, ethnic, and gender diversity and to the university's affirmative action and equal opportunity policies.
Typical hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Additional hours if/when needed.
Compensation and Benefits
Salary Commensurate with education and experience; Excecutive Pay Grade EX31.
The University offers a competitive benefits package. Benefits include the accumulation of two vacation days per month and one sick leave day per month, and thirteen University holidays. Other benefits include medical and life insurance (shared cost with the university), retirement, optional 401k, and educational benefits.
Posting Date 10/31/2018
Screening Date 12/01/2018
Open Until Filled Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants will be required to electronically upload a letter of application not to exceed five pages addressing the qualifications, interest in the position and philosophy of leadership, management, education, and research; curriculum vitae; names of four professional references with titles, mailing addresses, phone numbers and email addresses; and unofficial copies of transcripts (official transcripts for all degrees conferred required upon hire).
Individuals who wish to nominate a candidate should submit a letter of nomination, including the name, position, address, telephone number and email address to Dr. Lisa Zagumny at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional information can be found at https://www.tntech.edu/provost/dean-searches.
- Letter of Application
- Curriculum Vitae
- Teaching Philosophy
- Transcripts 2
- Transcripts 3
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
To apply please click here!
|More Jobs from Tennessee Tech University|