This job posting is no longer active on Diverse Jobs and therefore cannot accept online applications.
This posting cannot receive an online application from your Diverse Jobs account. To apply, follow the employer's instructions within their job description.
Chattanooga State Community CollegeLocation: Chattanooga, TN 37406 Document ID: AB052-6DIA Posted on: 2017-02-0902/09/2017 Job Type: Regular
Chattanooga State Community College
The Tennessee Board of Regents invites applications and nominations for the position of President of Chattanooga State Community College (ChSCC). Chattanooga State Community College is a member of Tennessee's Community Colleges, the community college system of the Tennessee Board of Regents. The President is the chief executive officer of the College and reports to the Tennessee Board of Regents through the Chancellor.
ChSCC is a comprehensive, two-year postsecondary institution located in Chattanooga, Tennessee. ChSCC serves six counties in East Tennessee and enrolls over 8,500 credit students and over 700 non-credit students. The College employs approximately 640 full-time employees, including 238 full-time faculty members, and operates on a budget of $95 million.
ChSCC awards the Associate of Arts (AA), Associate of Science (AS), Associate of Science in Teaching (AST), Associate of Applied Science (AAS) degrees, technical certificates, and institutional certificates. ChSCC is the only community college that also houses a Tennessee College of Applied Technology on the main campus. The Chattanooga State TCAT offers diplomas and certificates. Together ChSCC and its TCAT provide more than 75 academic programs of study. Currently, 21% of Chattanooga State students are underrepresented minorities. Fifty-six percent of all students are enrolled in career preparation programs, and 44% are in programs intended for transfer. Forty-eight percent of Chattanooga State students are enrolled full time, and students aged 25 or older represent 28.5% of the student body.
In addition to the main campus located in Chattanooga, ChSCC delivers programming at the Volkswagen Academy, as well as sites in Marion and Rhea Counties.
Additional information may be found on the College's website:
Preferred criteria for selection include, but are not limited to the following, with serious consideration given to an extraordinary business or government profile.
- Qualifications and experience
- An earned doctorate from an accredited institution;
- A distinguished record of teaching and experience in public higher education;
- A minimum of five years of successful campus administrative experience at a level with significant decision-making responsibilities affecting an entire campus or as head of a major academic or administrative unit in an academic environment; and
- A distinguished record of extensive senior level administrative experience in a complex business, industry, or government enterprise.
Expected criteria for selection include:
- A demonstrated commitment to serving students, faculty and staff
- An understanding of and commitment to the principles of academic freedom, tenure, and shared governance;
- A commitment to attracting traditional and non-traditional students into transfer programs as well as workforce programs (AAS/certificates/diplomas) and promoting approaches to enhance their opportunities for success;
- An understanding of and commitment to enhancing student success through focused efforts on retention, persistence and completion;
- A demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusion as core values that enhance the education process;
- A demonstrated commitment to affirmative action and equal opportunity;
- A demonstrated strength in human relations and communications;
- A demonstrated understanding of planning, financial management, budgeting, and organizational skills;
- An understanding of outcomes based funding principles and the impact on budgeting and planning;
- A demonstrated background with and understanding of and commitment to private fundraising;
- Comprehensive knowledge of and deep commitment to the Governor’s Drive to 55 initiative and the Tennessee Promise; Achieving the Dream’s vision, mission, and values; dedication to the principle of building a student focused culture by strengthening capacities of equity, teaching & learning, data & technology, engagement & communication, leadership & vision, policies & practices, and strategy & planning through bold, holistic initiatives.
- An understanding of regional workforce education and training needs and how to strategically position Chattanooga State Community College in a highly competitive post-secondary education marketplace. The college is located within 30 miles of another community college and near a four-year university, and also houses a Tennessee College of Applied Technology on its main campus, offering opportunities for collaboration and, coordination of a number of initiatives, including those related to dual enrollment; and
- An understanding of the needs and concerns of the public and private constituencies of the College, as well as the College community, including students, faculty and staff, alumni and other College supporters.
The Tennessee Board of Regents is committed to building and sustaining an inclusive and diverse educational environment and encourages applications from interested candidates who can contribute to, promote, and enhance this effort.
The State University and Community College System of Tennessee is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Under state law, applicants may request that their application and related materials be confidential and not open for public inspection until such time the candidate is selected as a finalist for the position. The Tennessee Open Meetings Act requires meetings of the Board of Regents to be open to the public.
Initial screening of applicants will begin March 10, 2017 and it is anticipated that the President will be selected prior to July 1, 2017.
Applications and letters of nomination should be submitted to:
Jan Greenwood or Betty Turner Asher Partners
Greenwood/Asher & Associates, Inc.
42 Business Centre Drive, Suite 206
Miramar Beach, Florida 32550
Phone: 850-650-2277/ Fax: 850-650-2272