This job posting is no longer active on Diverse Jobs and therefore cannot accept online applications.
This posting cannot receive an online application from your Diverse Jobs account. To apply, follow the employer's instructions within their job description.
Dakota State UniversityLocation: MADISON, SD 57042 Document ID: AB356-033Y Posted on: 2017-09-0909/09/2017 Job Type: Regular
Will pay relocation expenses
|Salary: $55000 -- $65000|
The Content Manager leads a team of seasoned professionals who provide the digital marketing, strategic communications and production center functions at Dakota State University. The position reports to the Vice President of Institutional Advancement and Strategic Communications.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate brand management functions and personnel so that the environment, culture, team, capabilities, tools, processes, expectations, work style, and other elements support the mission and goals of the University. This includes:
- Ongoing definition and clarification of individual and unit/department job responsibilities, authorities, and resources:
- Define and clarify, on an ongoing basis, the integration/interdependencies of unit/department marketing and communications; maintain a consistency of “look and feel” across all University marketing and communications projects.
- Set vision, drive concepts and strategies, and execute tactics through the entire creative development and comprehensive execution process for unit/department-based marketing/communications, ensuring consistency University-wide.
- Coordinate marketing, advertising, and communications budget:
- Work with the Vice President of Advancement and Strategic Communications to determine allocation of marketing funds based on goals, target audience, anticipated impact on potential enrollment and revenue;
- Facilitate the development and implementation of changes to program-specific and overall plans to support achievement of enrollment and revenue targets;
- Provide leadership to manage, track, and report on projected vs. actual expenses for all unit/department marketing/communications endeavors.
- Collaborate with team members to build, measure, and evaluate metrics to determine and report on the success of marketing, advertising, and other communications strategies and tactics, such that assessment is built into the process for all marketing and communications endeavors.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously, staying informed about the work of multiple DSU marketing/communications activities in production, marketing/communications materials and activities, and online/social media projects.
- Work with staff to set, maintain, and adjust priorities and deliverables.
- Determine and manage the balance of workload and delegation of efforts across the various available DSU internal and external resources.
- Be familiar with and coordinate external resources, including vendors, consultants, agencies, photographers, freelancers, web and interactive sub-contractors that serve in partnership and support roles to extend and/or accelerate internal resources and capabilities. Provide overall reporting on external relationships for marketing/communications activities across the university.
- Perform other duties as assigned or requested.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience required with an emphasis on marketing and communications. 3-5 years of related experience.
Additional Position-Specific Minimum Qualifications
The ideal candidate will
- Possess intellectual curiosity, sound problem-solving and decision-making abilities, and strength in creative and innovative thinking;
- Possess strong working knowledge of design, brand development, interactive commerce, the creative process, and user interface design; able to communicate about these concepts and lead discussions with stakeholders inside and outside the creative team;
- Demonstrate talent for high-caliber creative concept development and persuasive writing; including demonstrated talent and strength in print and web design capabilities for marketing and communications efforts;
- Possess excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communications skills;
- Have exceptional attention to detail, strong organization and time management skills, and the ability to perform non-routine work with changing priorities;
- Possess comfort and experience with leadership both through facilitation and direct management, able to be a team player as well as a team leader.
- Demonstrate an exceptional ability in project management and ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously;
- Demonstrate exceptional experience in managing, motivating, and leading a creative team from concept to completion of projects and initiatives;
- Possess experience working with vendors, consultants, and agencies that serve in partnership and support roles to extend and/or accelerate internal resources and capabilities.
- Demonstrate facility with social and new and emerging media, market segmentation, and relevant marketing/communications technologies.
- Possess the ability to use results from market research and institutional research to make data- driven decisions.
- Above-average familiarity with and enthusiasm for using technology tools and capabilities to create and implement innovative approaches for marketing/communications activities.
Dakota State employees receive a comprehensive and flexible benefits package including paid time off, health and retirement benefits, and life and disability insurance options. Other benefits include reduced tuition, paid professional liability insurance, longevity pay and training opportunities.
DSU accepts applications through an on-line employment site. To apply, visit https://yourfuture.sdbor.edu. The employment site will allow the attachment of a cover letter, resume and supporting references, including email addresses and telephone numbers of at least three references. For questions concerning the position, send emails to Angi.Kappenman@dsu.edu. Review of applications will begin September 25th and will continue until the position is filled.
Dakota State University is committed to recruitment, hiring and retention of minorities. We urge individuals from underrepresented groups to apply. Applicants with disabilities are invited to identify any necessary accommodations required in the application process. E-Verify, EOE.