Community College of Allegheny CountyLocation: Pittsburgh, PA 15233 Document ID: AB212-CEYJ Posted on: 2017-06-2806/28/2017 Job Type: Regular
Nursing Assistant/Health Care Technician Program Instructor (Temp PT)
Community College of Allegheny County
Supervise, implement, and provide quality education to students by establishing program, design, development and implementing and individual vocational program plan; maintain student assessment, instruction, evaluation, practicum, job placement and follow up eservices, assist in program related management.
Work location and additional information:
REPOSTING The position is located at: John J Kane Regional Center - Ross Township 110 McIntyre Road Pittsburgh, PA 15237 This is a temporary part-time grant funded 10 month position with option for medical benefits at full employee cost. Continued employment is contingent on sufficient future funding. Grant Summary: The Nursing Assistant/Health Care Technician Program is a fee-for-service contract with the Office of Vocational Rehabilitation. This fee-for-service contract provides training to special needs students who need learning supports. The program staff will recruit, train, and assist with job placement for students. Hourly rate is $26.00
Campus: North Campus
Days and Hours (for hourly position):
Monday - Thursday 8:30 am - 2:45 pm
Bachelor's degree (preferred, not required)
RN with current/unrestricted Pennsylvania license; two years' experience as a RN with at least one of the two years in a long term care facility/sub-acute unit.
Criminal History Records Information (CHRI) without prohibitive offenses at time of employment.
Current Mantoux (TB test)
Must have reliable transportation and driver's license.
Vocational experience in health-related field (preferred).
Train the Trainer certification (preferred, not required). Certification classes held at CCAC North Campus. If not certified, must be able to attend a class.
1. The primary responsibilities of faculty are to teach. Provide students with course outlines that support learning objectives set forth in the course syllabus.
2. Create an effective learning environment through the use of a variety of instructional methods.
3. Collaborate in the development and continued assessment of learning outcomes for use in program reviews and curriculum revision.
4. Work with program coordinator to complete scheduled program reviews and to use the findings to revise the curriculum.
5. Participate in appropriate professional development activities to assure currency in discipline, knowledge and instructional methods.
6. Participate in department/discipline, division, campus, and college meetings and committees as requested.
7. Participate in college projects, surveys, studies, and reports that relate to the discipline or program as requested.
8. Collaborate in the development of program and/or discipline promotional materials as requested.
9. Support the college's goals.
10. Perform other related duties as required or assigned.
Job Category: Faculty/Counselor/Librarian/Ed Tech
Job Type: Temporary Part-time
Department: Vocational Education
Job Open Date: 06-05-2017
Job Close Date: 9/1/2017
All applicants must apply online at: http://www.ccacjobs.com. The College's online application system will allow you to complete a college application, apply online, answer screening questions, and attach a resume, cover letter and other documents.