This job posting is no longer active on Diverse Jobs and therefore cannot accept online applications.
This posting cannot receive an online application from your Diverse Jobs account. To apply, follow the employer's instructions within their job description.
Kutztown UniversityLocation: Kutztown, PA 19530 Document ID: AC026-4TBA Posted on: 2018-01-2201/22/2018 Job Type: Regular
Associate Dean, College of Visual & Performing Art
The College of Visual and Performing Arts at Kutztown University is seeking applications for the position of Associate Dean to begin July 1, 2018. CVPA is a vibrant creative community of 110 faculty serving 1500 students through 14 undergraduate programs and four graduate programs in the disciplines of Art, Music, Cinema, and Communication. The Art and Music programs are accredited by the National Arts accrediting organizations of NASAD and NASM, respectively. Teacher certification programs in Art Education and Music Education are accredited through CAEP. Find out more at www.kutztown.edu/vpa.
The Associate Dean will serve as a collaborative leader in a positive, collegial environment that places an emphasis on providing students with access to innovative curricula, world-class performances and exhibitions, dynamic teaching, and study abroad opportunities to foster academic excellence and creative expression within an inclusive student-centered environment. Working in conjunction with the dean, department chairs, faculty and staff, the Associate Dean will coordinate or manage curriculum development and implementation, accreditation processes, assessment activities, student success initiatives, discipline-specific admission and enrollment processes. This is a 12-month full-time management position; this position does not carry faculty or tenure status. Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
The chosen candidate will demonstrate a strong commitment to the vision, values, purposes and strategic priorities of the University and the College.
- Earned terminal degree from an accredited institution in a discipline closely related to program offerings in CVPA
- Collegiate teaching experience in one or more disciplines related to offerings in the college
- Evidence of successful academic leadership experience at the level of department chair or above
- Record of excellence in artistic and/or scholarly activity
- Demonstrated successful experience with curriculum development and implementation
- Experience with, and commitment to, assessment/assurance of learning and accreditation
- Experience working with students to achieve academic success
- Experience performing quantitative data analysis and applying results in the context of student success, enrollment management, and/or strategic planning
- Ability to interact effectively with multiple and diverse constituencies
- Effective managerial skills characterized by fairness, adaptability, and willingness to innovate
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment and the ability to respond to high-pressure situations. Ability to thrive in an environment of hard work.
- Five or more years of teaching experience in one or more arts-related disciplines at the undergraduate and/or graduate level at an accredited higher education institution
- Three or more years of administrative experience in higher education at the level of department chair or above
- Prior experience working with arts (NASAD and/or NASM), and/or education (CAEP) accreditation expectations and standards
- Demonstrated experience with curriculum and/or course delivery innovation, including accelerated, online and/or blended instruction
- Broad knowledge of visual and performing arts curricula
- Shared governance experience
- Experience in a collective bargaining environment
- Experience with diverse populations
Applications for this position are submitted via our online application system at: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/kutztownedu/jobs/1947648/associate-dean-of-college-of-visual-and-performing-arts?pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs. Attach the following items in PDF or Word file format to the online application:  cover letter to Dr. Peg Speirs, Search Committee Chair, that addresses how the applicant meets the minimum and preferred qualifications,  a full curriculum vitae, and  the contact information for at least three professional references from within higher education, one of which must be the current or most recent supervisor.
Complete applications received by February 15, 2018 will receive full consideration, and the search will continue until the position is filled. Successful on-campus interview, reference checks, background clearances (PA Criminal, Child Abuse Clearance and FBI Clearance) and demonstration of ability are requisite qualifications for all positions. Official transcripts for all degrees are required prior to appointment.
Kutztown University does not discriminate in employment or educational opportunities on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, national origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, or veteran status. To discuss a complaint of discrimination, please contact the University's Title IX Coordinator located in the Office of Social Equity, Old Main A-Wing, Room 02, by phone at 610-683-4700 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or the Office for Civil Rights located in the Lyndon Baines Johnson Department of Education Bldg., 400 Maryland Avenue, SW, Washington, DC 20202-1100, by phone at 800-421-3481 (TDD: 800-877-8339), by fax at 202-453-6012, or by e-mail at OCR@ed.gov.