This job posting is no longer active on Diverse Jobs and therefore cannot accept online applications.
Portland Community CollegeLocation: Portland, OR 97280 Document ID: AD125-2RPZ Posted on: 2019-04-2804/28/2019 Job Type: Regular
Instructor, Dental Hygiene
Instructor, Dental Hygiene
Portland Community College
Best Consideration/Close Date:
It's an exciting time to be in Dental Hygiene Education! Consider combining your clinical expertise and your passion for helping others into a career in teaching in the Dental Hygiene Program at Portland Community College!
We are looking for outstanding candidates for a full time faculty position starting Fall Term 2019, located on PCC's Sylvania Campus.
Portland Community College's mission is to advance the region's long-term vitality by delivering accessible, quality education to
support the academic, professional, and personal development of the diverse students and communities we serve. To that end, we value
- Providing Outstanding Affordable Education
- Driving Student Success
- Creating a Nationally Renowned Culture for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Transforming the Community Through Opportunity
- Igniting a Culture of Innovation
- Achieving Sustainable Excellence in All Operations
Does this sounds like a community you would like to be a part of?
Portland Community College achieves educational excellence by being accountable and committed to achieving diversity. Through leadership, staff, student body, educational programs and business opportunities that serve members of our community.
See the classification description for additional information: https://www.pcc.edu/resources/academic/instructor-qualifications/dh.html
These qualifications, skills and abilities are critical for success in this position.
Throughout the screening process, you will be evaluated based on the demonstration of these qualifications.In your cover letter (limit to 1-2 pages), state specifically how you meet each of the qualifications for the position (minimum and job success qualifications).
1. Bachelors Degree as the minimum educational requirement2. Three years or more of teaching experience in a dental hygiene program3. Experience teaching an outcome-based curriculum4. Experience developing, implementing curriculum and assessing student success5. Five or more years of private practice or community oral health dental hygiene experience6. Experience working in a team environmentMinimum QualificationsTo be considered, your application must demonstrate these minimum qualifications. (Experience is calculated based on the start and end dates you provide multiplied by the number of hours per week worked).Bachelors Degree and 3 years of experience Preferred Qualifications- Preference will be given to applicants with additional education beyond the minimum qualifications.
- Preference will be given to applicants with additional demonstrated experience beyond the required three years.
Initial Salary Placement up to Step 3 ($56,274) will be based on related experience, per PCC's collective bargaining agreement.
PCC offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide employees and their families, including domestic partners, with access to a broad range of benefit options. Includes Health, Dental, and Vision options, Group Life, Long-term Disability, Long-term Care, and Auto and Home Insurance?programs.PCC currently fully funds the Oregon Public Employees Retirement System (PERS/OPSRP) pension and contributes an additional 6% into the employee's Individual Account Program under PERS/OPSRP. PCC offers a tax deferred annuity program and a deferred compensation program where employees may save additional pre-tax dollars for retirement. Additionally, PCC provides a tuition waver for yourself, domestic partner, and dependent children under 24 years of age; plus partial tuition reimbursement for yourself at other accredited institutions. Paid Leave: - 1 day of sick leave for every 18 days worked (~10 days/year)
- 21 hours of additional personal leave per year
- 4 paid holidays (which occur during the term you are teaching)
?View a complete list of PCC benefits.
To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to: https://pcc.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?id=232&site=9
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency