This job posting is no longer active on Diverse Jobs and therefore cannot accept online applications.
Portland Community CollegeLocation: Portland, OR 97280 Document ID: AD064-28HJ Posted on: 2019-03-1603/16/2019 Job Type: Regular
Dean of Student Success
Dean of Student Success
Portland Community College
Best Consideration/Close Date:
The Dean of Student Success (DOSS) is responsible for developing, monitoring and promoting student success strategies and programs to increase retention, completion, and academic success for all students, including closing the opportunity gap for traditionally underserved students throughout the College. Under the general direction of the Vice President of Student Affairs, the Dean of Student Success is a high-level supportive and inclusive leadership position that results in the accountability of these following areas: disability services, international education, Links programs, special student success programs and projects, and other services as assigned. This position provides leadership and fosters an environment for faculty and staff to offer quality educational services to maximize the academic success of PCC's students.Key Attributes for Success in this role are:
- Collaborative leader with the demonstrated ability to collaborate at all levels (executive, administration, management, faculty, and staff); with the ability to influence and guide dynamic systems, including coordination with diverse stakeholders.
- Experience and understanding of the programs, services, initiatives/strategies that contribute to qualitative and quantitative equitable student success outcomes; with the demonstrated ability to lead diverse professionals with differing perspectives toward a collaborative focus on equitable student success.
- Experienced and effective supervisor with the demonstrated experience and capacity for effective supervision of professional managers in the areas of disability services, international education, Links programs, special student success programs and projects, and other services.
These qualifications, skills and abilities are critical for success in this position.
Throughout the screening process, you will be evaluated based on the demonstration of these qualifications.
- Experience with leading and/or implementing large-scale student success initiatives (i.e advising redesign; holistic student support services; or Achieving the Dream initiatives).
- Passion and commitment to diversity and inclusion of students and staff. Demonstrated experience using an equity lens in diminishing existing opportunity gaps for marginalized and traditionally underserved students.
- Demonstrated experience and capacity for effective supervision of professional managers in the areas of: disability services, international education, Links programs, special student success programs and projects, and other services as assigned.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate at all levels (executive administration, managers, faculty, and staff). Ability to influence and guide dynamic systems, including coordination with diverse stakeholders.
- Master's Degree in any academic field; from an accredited institution
- Eight years of progressively responsible college administration experience in student services, enrollment, or instruction
- Best practices in student success
- Budgeting principles and practices
- Contract management principles and practices
- Accreditation standards
- Conflict mediation principles and practices
- Public relations principles
- Strategic management principles and practices
- Program management and development principles
- Higher education principles and practices
- District organization, operations, policies, mission, and objectives
- Directing and providing leadership to subordinate staff
- Providing strategic leadership
- Planning, implementing, improving, and evaluation broad-based programs, policies and procedures
- Directing the development and management of budgets
- Assisting in the administration of campus operations
- Evaluating assigned programmatic area for compliance with applicable regulations and accreditation requirements
- Speaking in public
- Evaluating research to identify potential solutions, resolve problems, or provide information
- Mediating conflict
- Applying interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy
- Work with diverse academic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of community college students and staff
- Utilize computer technology for communication, data gathering and reporting activities
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Use an equity lens while problem solving; including the use of Critical Race Theory
Minimum $98,369 to range mid-point of $120,504. Placement generally will not exceed the mid-point, based on qualifications, experience and internal equity. (Full Range is $98,369 to $142,636)
PCC offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide employees and their families, including domestic partners, with access to a broad range of benefit options. Includes Health, Dental, and Vision options, Group Life, Long-term Disability, Long-term Care, and Auto and Home Insurance programs.PCC currently fully funds the Oregon Public Employees Retirement System (PERS/OPSRP) pension and contributes an additional 6% into the employee's Individual Account Program under PERS/OPSRP. After one year of management or confidential service, PCC also provides a 2% contribution to a 403(b) account for eligible management and confidential personnel. PCC offers a tax deferred annuity program and a deferred compensation program where employees may save additional pre-tax dollars for retirement. Additionally, PCC provides a tuition waiver for you, your spouse/domestic partner, and dependent children under 24 years of age, as well as partial tuition reimbursement for full-time employees at other accredited institutions.Paid Leave: (Pro-rated by FTE for Part-Time Employees)
- 14.67 hours of vacation leave per month
- 1 day of sick leave per month
- 11 holidays
- 3 additional personal leave days per yearFor a complete list of PCC benefits, please visit http://www.pcc.edu/hr.benefits
View a complete list of PCC benefits.
To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to: https://pcc.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?id=203&site=10
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency