This job posting is no longer active on Diverse Jobs and therefore cannot accept online applications.
This posting cannot receive an online application from your Diverse Jobs account. To apply, follow the employer's instructions within their job description.
The University of ToledoLocation: Toledo, OH 43614 Document ID: AC126-003L Posted on: 2018-04-0204/02/2018 Job Type: Regular
Assoc Dean for Clinical Undergraduate Med Ed (UME)
Associate Dean for Clinical Undergraduate Medical Education (UME)
The Associate Dean for Clinical Undergraduate Medical Education will oversee development and implementation of medical school curriculum for all clinical rotations including required and elective experiences. He/she will be responsible for oversight of these clinical experiences and the development of new and innovative programs, courses or clerkships.
The University of Toledo College of Medicine is currently in the process of major curricular overhaul with emphasis on integration of foundational sciences and clinical sciences and longitudinal clinical experiences. As part of that initiative, the Associate Dean will also oversee development of new programs within clerkships that support this mission of the COM and will be responsible for outcomes associated with these programs.
The faculty member must have an MD or DO degree, with at least 5–10 years of experience as a teaching faculty in a medical school with additional leadership experience such as clerkship director, assistant or associate dean with emphasis on undergraduate medical education. He/she must have qualifications that meet the requirements for the rank of Associate Professor or higher.
The Associate Dean roles and responsibilities would include (but not limited to) the following:
· Oversight of the required clerkships and periodic review of clerkship outcomes
· Provide leadership and guidance to clerkship directors in their role
· Identify curricular needs and develop plans to address these in an expedient manner
· Develop programs and courses to enhance the clinical experience of all medical students
· Collaborate with Assistant Dean for Foundational Sciences to integrate basic and clinical sciences
· Collaborate with Assistant Dean for Curriculum Integration in developing longitudinal clinical skills program
· Periodically review the clinical performance of students and develop programs to address student deficiencies
· Oversee clinical electives and provide guidance to clerkship directors and faculty regarding best practices and curricular innovations
· Serve on curriculum and other COM committees in relation to the medical school educational mission
· Foster a culture of scholarship and develop a regional and national reputation for educational excellence
Imran Ali, M.D.
Professor of Neurology
Chair, Department of Medical Education
Vice Dean for Undergraduate Medical Education
The University of Toledo is committed to diversity and equal opportunity. Applications from women and minority candidates are strongly encouraged.