This job posting is no longer active on Diverse Jobs and therefore cannot accept online applications.
Miami UniversityLocation: Oxford, OH 45056 Document ID: AC415-5U6V Posted on: 2018-10-2410/24/2018 Job Type: Regular
Assistant Director of Editorial Services
Job Summary: Job ID: 6513 - Unclassified – FT
Responsible for day-to-day editorial and strategic direction of divisional writing projects with emphasis on copy writing for print publications and website, as well as coordination and project management of select divisional initiatives. This position is part of the Communications, Marketing, Event and IT staff within the Division of University Advancement and under the direction of the Manager of UA Editorial Services.
Bachelor's degree with at least 3 years of experience in editing, writing and/or project management. Knowledge of AP style required. A combination of experience and education, including internships, co-ops and freelance work may be considered. Excellent communication skills, both oral and written. Excellent editing skills, including technical knowledge, grammar and format. Good organizational skills including the ability to simultaneously manage a large variety of tasks, set priorities and manage the involvement of other staff. A commitment to strong customer service is essential. Able to deal with the pressure of multiple deadlines and willingness to work extra hours to meet occasional high-priority deadlines. Ability to collaborate across a broad institutional framework, ranging from senior leadership to service providers. Ability to function and contribute in a team environment but also able to work under limited supervision and direction. Proficient in PowerPoint, Microsoft Word, Excel.
- Copywriting, editing and proofing of print newsletters, brochures, invitations and other print collateral; electronic communications including emails and web content and social media posts;
- Collaboratively develop and implement digital campaigns and strategies;
- Supports events through scripting, speechwriting and preparation of event speakers;
- Carries out additional writing responsibilities including feature writing; press releases; alumni/constituent, student and faculty profiles; and other projects needed;
- Serves as managing editor for various electronic newsletters;
- Conducts interviews and gathers information and background research as needed to carry out writing and project tasks;
- Provides direction, editorial support and general upkeep for MiamiAlum.org and other subsets of the Office of Alumni Relations online presence;
- Serves as project lead on select divisional and university-wide initiatives as directed;
- Collaborates with senior administration, faculty and development staff on the crafting of proposals, concept documents and case statements promoting programs and initiatives university-wide;
- Contributes as an active and engaged member of a highly collaborative communications and event team.
To apply, please visit: https://miamioh.hiretouch.com/job-details?jobID=6513&job=assistant-director-of-editorial-services
Miami University, an EO/AA employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami University does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for all reasonable accommodations for disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@miamioh.edu or 513-529-3560. Miami University’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report with information on campus crime, fires, and safety may be found at: http://www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html. Hard copy available upon request. A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke- and tobacco-free campuses.