This job posting is no longer active on Diverse Jobs and therefore cannot accept online applications.
This posting cannot receive an online application from your Diverse Jobs account. To apply, follow the employer's instructions within their job description.
ACUHO-I & NASPALocation: Columbus, OH 43201 Document ID: AB516-510K Posted on: 2018-01-0201/02/2018 Job Type: Regular
The Placement Exchange (TPE) Manager
Co-produced by NASPA (Student Affairs Administrators in Higher Education) and ACUHO-I (Association for College and University Housing Officers – International), The Placement Exchange (TPE) is the definitive resource for the Student Affairs job placement process. With dynamic, online information, powerful networking opportunities, and first-class job placement events, TPE is designed to help candidates find that perfect job and help institutions find that perfect hire, all while providing year-round educational resources and support.
TPE facilitates an average of 12,000 onsite interviews each year, and, in the past two years, more than 2,800 positions have been posted on the TPE online job board. As a clear testament to the value of TPE, 98 percent of candidates and employers who participated in our TPE Onsite event last year indicated they would recommend TPE to others.
As a key leader in both Associations, the TPE Manager will facilitate every aspect of the TPE program, including event logistics, volunteer management, and high-quality educational programs, services, and resources, for both TPE candidates and employers. Specific responsibilities include:
- Serve as project manager for all components of the TPE program, including facilitating the active working collaboration between ACUHO-I, NASPA, and TPE volunteer committees in the execution of a year-round program timeline.
- Work with professional meeting planners to manage onsite event logistics and schedules.
- Serve as front-line customer service for all TPE inquiries.
- Manage all aspects of the TPE website, registration, and job board system, in collaboration with technology vendors and staff.
- Coordinate all TPE marketing and communications, including emails, blog posts, social media messages, webinars, and web content.
- Facilitate development and management of TPE budget.
- Coordinate TPE Partner program, ensuring engagement from partner associations and Executive Directors.
- 3-5 years of experience in higher education, student affairs, or related field required.
- Master’s Degree in higher education, student affairs, or relevant field preferred.
- Experience with TPE, either as a candidate or employer, preferred.
- Knowledge of current issues in higher education and/or association management.
- Demonstrated experience in planning and implementing events, conferences, and/or institutes.
- Proficiency in communications and social media strategy.
- Self-starter and team player that thinks strategically and creatively while also handling multiple logistical priorities.
- Proven ability to balance multiple priorities under deadline, and availability to work flexible hours to meet timelines.
- Experience managing budgets and finances of complicated projects/events.
- The confidence to effectively interact with volunteer leaders of varying organizational levels and types and diplomatically handle complex relationships often involving differing ideas and priorities.
- This position requires travel to events and meetings.
The Spring TPE On-Site event is scheduled for February 28-March 3, 2018, in Philadelphia, PA. If the hiring process is not yet complete, we intend to have the successful candidate identified so that they can attend all or part of the event to observe/shadow this large-scale experience and meet personally with volunteer leaders and staff. We will reimburse expenses associated with this travel.
Because of a strong relationship between ACUHO-I and the Ohio State University, we will be facilitating the application process using the OSU human resources infrastructure. Applications should include a cover letter that demonstrates how the candidate directly meets the qualifications of the position and submitted through the Ohio State University System at www.jobsatosu.com Job # 434701 Review of applications will begin immediately and continue through January 21, 2018.
To build a diverse workforce, we encourage applications from individuals with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women. EEO/AA employer. NASPA and ACUHO-I do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, gender identity, gender expression, affectional or sexual orientation, or disability in any of its policies, programs, and services.
For questions about this position, please contact either Billy Molasso, Senior Director of Research and Education, ACUHO-I, firstname.lastname@example.org or Amy Shopkorn, Vice President for Operations, NASPA, email@example.com.