This job posting is no longer active on Diverse Jobs and therefore cannot accept online applications.
This posting cannot receive an online application from your Diverse Jobs account. To apply, follow the employer's instructions within their job description.
Association of College & University Housing OfficeLocation: Columbus, OH 43201 Document ID: AC165-5JB2 Posted on: 2018-05-0405/04/2018 Job Type: Regular
Minimum Education: Masters2018-06-03
ACUHO-I Director of Research Initiatives
ACUHO-I, the leading organization of choice for campus housing and residence life professionals, is home to more than 17,000 professionals representing 1.2 million on-campus students from around the globe. We are currently accepting applications for a new member to join the Research and Education Team in the Association’s office in Columbus, OH. At ACUHO-I, we enhance work to continuously optimize on-campus student living environments. With credible benchmarking data, research, and resources, we demonstrate the positive impact that campus housing and residence life has on student recruitment, retention, growth, and achievement.
As a key leader in the Research and Education team, the Director of Research Initiatives will lead the Association’s Strategic Plan for expanding work in research in housing and residence life. The strategic plan creates a significant priority on the curation, generation, and dissemination of knowledge for the benefit of the profession. The role of this position includes collaborating with volunteer leaders to strengthen the existing strategic research work of the Association, as well as leading a growing portfolio of research-focused efforts. This position will require an individual to use both operational skills in research design, analysis, and dissemination, as well as broader strategic project-management skills to extend the Association’s impact on policy and practice in housing and residence life. Specific areas of work include, but are not limited to:
- Facilitate the work of select volunteer leaders and committees working in the area of research.
- Take leadership of the newly implemented Campus Housing Index searchable database and annual operational benchmarking study(ies).
- Coordinate the call, review, and oversight of the Association’s small-grant funded and sponsored research programs.
- Advance the interests of the profession by providing data analytics and reporting skills to existing and new projects.
- Coordinate the development of appropriate research-related resources and curriculum applicable to our knowledge competencies, including educational resources, blog posts and other social media messages, webinars and Virtual Roundtables, online courses, and web content.
- Identify and develop partnerships with organizations and centers that have data about our work so that we can better target information for our members and the profession.
- In strong collaboration with the Corporate Librarian, identify emerging and cutting edge research to share with volunteer leaders and members in our knowledge domain communities of practice/learners.
- Contribute to the overall work of the Association in serving our member institutions, corporate partners, and individual housing and residence life professionals.
- Master’s Degree in higher education, student affairs, or relevant field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated experience in research methods/assessment, data collection and analysis, and reporting in a consumable format.
- 3-5 years of experience in higher education, student affairs, association management, research and/or policy analysis, or non-profit education.
- Especially interested in candidates with direct understanding of/experience in housing and residence life.
- Doctoral Degree in higher education or relevant field strongly preferred (including ABD).
- Experience with researching current issues and advocating ideas through presentations, writing for periodicals and developing stand-alone resource publications.
- Demonstrated experience in planning, deploying and analyzing quantitative research designs, but awareness of the value of qualitative research.
- Self-starter and team player that thinks strategically and creatively while also handling multiple logistical priorities.
- Proven ability to balance multiple priorities under deadline, and availability to work flexible hours to meet timelines.
- Experience managing budgets and finances of complicated initiatives.
- The confidence to effectively interact with volunteer leaders of varying organizational levels and types and diplomatically handle complex relationships often involving differing ideas and priorities.
- This position requires travel to Association events and meetings.
Through a strong partnership with The Ohio State University, ACUHO-I staff are employed by The Ohio State University, including all benefit programs and adhering to all policies.
Applications should include a cover letter than demonstrates how candidate directly meets the required and preferred qualifications of the position and submitted through the Ohio State University System at www.jobsatosu.com Job#438229. Review of applications will begin May 27, 2018 and continue until the position is filled. EEO/AA employer.