This job posting is no longer active on Diverse Jobs and therefore cannot accept online applications.
This posting cannot receive an online application from your Diverse Jobs account. To apply, follow the employer's instructions within their job description.
University of CincinnatiLocation: Cincinnati, OH 45221 Document ID: AC196-3CGU Posted on: 2018-08-3108/31/2018 Job Type: Regular
Director of Medical Education - College of Medicine
Office of Medical Education
UNIVERSITYof CINCINNATI, College of Medicine
The University of Cincinnati is a premier, public, urban research university; ranked as one of America's top 26 public research universities by the National Science Foundation. U.S. News has ranked UC in the Top Tier of America's Best Colleges. The Chronicle of Higher Education calls UC a "research heavyweight". Forbes, Delta Sky and Travel + Leisure magazines have named UC one of the most beautiful campuses.
UC is one of the largest employers in the Cincinnati region, employing over 15,000 full time and part time faculty, staff and student workers. The College of Medicine (COM), Office of Medical Education (OME) is recruiting for a full-time Director of Medical Education. This position will support the University's mission and commitment to excellence and diversity in our students, faculty, staff, and all our activities.
The Director of Medical Education reports directly to the Associate Dean for Medical Education.
- Manage and execute the internal processes of the Office of Medical Education and supervise members of the staff responsible for the day-to-day management of the curriculum.
- Monitor accreditation standards and elements of the Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME) as part of the continuous quality improvement (CQI) process.
- Serve as a resource for course directors and coordinators in matters related to the LCME accreditation standards and our internal CQI process.
- Prepare statistical and narrative reports with recommendations, as well as participate in the analysis and interpretation of data as appropriate to inform the CQI process.
- Lead efforts to improve the mapping of the entire curriculum working closely with course/clerkship directors.
- Monitor feedback on student performance during the Clerkship year to inform the CQI process.
- Oversee teaching-related faculty development programming for the COM.
- Attend regional and national meetings to become knowledgeable about current developments in Medical Education.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- PhD/EdD/MD degree required.
- 5+ years of experience within the field of medical education or related field.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Expertise in the principles of learning and instructional design, adult learning theory, educational research, development of competency-based education, and assessment of student learning (skills, knowledge and attitudes).
- Experience with accreditation of medical/health education programs.
- Experience with technology-based instruction and evaluation.
- Ability to work collaboratively with project staff, faculty, and students.
- Demonstrated evidence of strong interpersonal and communications skills, effective critical thinking, and the ability to set priorities and manage multiple tasks.
- Demonstrated evidence of a commitment to promoting a culture that respects and advances diversity and inclusion of all people, inquiry, and scholarship.
- Demonstrated creativity and strategic thinking with the ability to take initiative and the willingness to learn.
- Demonstrated ability to respond effectively and assertively to crises, workflow problems and conflicts.
- Demonstrated experience working with complex tasks that require meeting critical deadlines.
- Computer Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Application Process : Create an Applicant Profile and upload your CV/Resume to your profile. Step 2 - Officially apply to # 29601 and upload your Cover Letter to the application.
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
As a UC employee, and an employee of an Ohio public institution, if hired you will not contribute to the federal Social Security system, other than contributions to Medicare. Instead, UC employees have the option to contribute to a state retirement plan (OPERS, STRS) or an alternative retirement plan (ARP).
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / M / F / Veteran / Disabled.
SF:OMJ SF:OOD SF:RM SF:INS SF:INS
Nearest Major Market: Cincinnati
Job Segment: Medical, Manager, Curriculum, Medicare, Healthcare, Management, Education
To apply please click here!
|More Jobs from University of Cincinnati|