This posting cannot receive an online application from your Diverse Jobs account. To apply, follow the employer's instructions within their job description.
University of CincinnatiLocation: Cincinnati, OH 45221 Document ID: AC184-3N9G Posted on: 2018-11-1311/13/2018 Job Type: Regular
Asst Professor - Physical Therapy - College of Allied Health Sciences
Department of Rehabilitation, Exercise, and Nutrition Sciences College of Allied Health Sciences
Assistant / Associate Professor
(Final Rank/Title commensurate w/Education & Experience)
The University of Cincinnati Department of Rehabilitation, Exercise, and Nutrition Sciences is searching for a full-time assistant / associate professor who will contribute to the department's teaching research, and service missions. The ideal applicant will be an experienced educator with an established record of scholarly activity and professional service. This is a 9-month per year position with final rank and faculty track commensurate with credentials and experience.
Position Responsibilities : The assistant / associate professor is primarily responsible for teaching, research, and service in the Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) program. Teaching responsibilities include, but are not limited to: course development, primary instruction of didactic courses using traditional classroom and online delivery modalities; participation in student recruitment, retention, and admissions activities; participation in program committee work including program evaluation, accreditation tasks, and other activities as assigned by the Program Director and/or Department Head. While entry-level clinical skill student instruction is central to this position, scholarship and service activity is also required consistent with the missions and faculty evaluative criteria of the University, College, and Department.
- Non-entry level doctorate degree
- Licensed or eligible for licensure as a physical therapist in the state of Ohio
- Minimum of 2 years teaching experience at the college level or equivalent
- Evidence of a defined area of research interest as indicated by professional presentations, publications, development of clinical practice guidelines or similar accomplishments
- Clinical expertise in the musculoskeletal area
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently
- Interest and ability to collaborate with an interdisciplinary team
Preferred Qualifications :
- Specialist certification in Orthopedics
- Completion of a fellowship in Orthopaedic Manual Physical Therapy or a postprofessional certification such as NAIOMPT manual therapy certification
- Active in professional activities
Please apply online at https://jobs.uc.edu
FOR ALL FACULTY HIRES
OFFICIAL ACADEMIC TRANSCRIPTS WILL BE REQUIRED AT THE TIME OF HIRE
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
As a UC employee, and an employee of an Ohio public institution, if hired you will not contribute to the federal Social Security system, other than contributions to Medicare. Instead, UC employees have the option to contribute to a state retirement plan (OPERS, STRS) or an alternative retirement plan (ARP).
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / M / F / Veteran / Disabled.
SF:OMJ SF:OOD SF:RM SF:INS SF:INS
Nearest Major Market: Cincinnati
Job Segment: Medical, Rehabilitation, Orthopedic, Physical Therapy Assistant, Physical Therapy, Healthcare
To apply please click here!
|More Jobs from University of Cincinnati|