This job posting is no longer active on Diverse Jobs and therefore cannot accept online applications.
This posting cannot receive an online application from your Diverse Jobs account. To apply, follow the employer's instructions within their job description.
University of CincinnatiLocation: Cincinnati, OH 45221 Document ID: AC422-3I2T Posted on: 2018-12-0412/04/2018 Job Type: Regular
Assistant Director, Student Recruitment - College of Business
GRADUATE PROGRAMS OFFICE
LINDNER COLLEGE OF BUSINESS
The Lindner College of Business (LCB) is at an exciting inflection point on the path to preeminence. The College has an established national reputation for excellence in its undergraduate, graduate, and online programs. A combination of research and teaching accomplishment distinguishes the College as a leader. In 2019, LCB will move into a new, state-of-the-art building that represents a tremendous opportunity for the College to bring innovative approaches to business education and further elevate the role of the College at UC, in the City of Cincinnati, and on the national landscape.
LCB is seeking a dynamic individual to serve as the Assistant Director of Student Recruitment for the Graduate Programs Office. The Assistant Director of Student Recruitment plays a pivotal role in the college and Graduate Programs Office by having the responsibility of recruiting and attracting outstanding students worldwide to the college's nine business graduate programs. The Assistant Director of Student Recruitment is a member of a twelve-person team responsible for supporting the Lindner College of Business Graduate Programs.
The Assistant Director of Student Recruitment reports to the Director of Student Recruitment. This position works with the Director of Student Recruitment, the Executive Director of Graduate Programs and the Associate Dean of Graduate Programs to develop and implement short and long-range goals, objectives and strategies related to the recruiting of master's students for the Lindner College of Business. In addition, this position will manage relationships with prospects, students, academic directors, faculty, staff and alumni; and represent UC and LCB at local, regional and national functions.
- Assist the Director of Student Recruitment with all aspects of the recruitment process for LCB graduate students
- Assist in determining goals, vision and marketing strategy for the recruiting efforts of the department
- Represent the college at recruitment fairs, information sessions and other external events
- Assist in determining vision, goals, strategies and priorities for admissions and recruiting
- Assist in the management of all aspects of the admission process
- Establish and manage relationships with area employers and LCB alumni
- Represent Lindner MBA and MS programs to prospective students
- Work with the LCB college relations team to develop effective marketing and communication materials related to admissions
- Manage and process admissions for conditionally admitted students
- Attend and represent LCB at local, regional, national and international recruiting and branding events; may require evening, weekends or extend travel
- Assist in the development of initiatives to enhance the quality and quantity of students that apply for admission
- Work closely with graduate programs staff, academic directors, and faculty to select the most outstanding applicants for admission
- Analyze prospect and admissions data to enhance enrollment
- Other duties as assigned
- Master's degree in related educational program, student affairs administration, or other related field with one (1) year experience ; -OR- Bachelor's degree with three (3) years' experience; -OR- Associate's degree with five (5) years' experience; -OR- seven (7) years' experience
- Experience may also require at least one (1) year supervision
- May require experience in international admissions and/or minority recruitment
Desired Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- At least three (3) to five (5) years' of prior experience and a demonstrated track record of success in admissions, sales or other areas of higher education
- Experience with working with graduate students is desired
- Master's degree preferred
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills including presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and strong management ability
- Ability to work in and appreciate a highly productive, research-oriented academic community
- Ability to think strategically, develop and execute operational plans
- Ability to work under pressure, with the flexibility to respond to changing priorities and fluctuating workloads
- Ability to be a team player and work effectively and collaboratively with LCB faculty and staff
- Skills in organizing work, defining tasks, prioritizing assignments, and following through on all projects independently.
- Demonstrated experience in a high level customer service environment
- Must appreciate and demonstrate a strong background in working with people from diverse backgrounds
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and CRM/databases (ACT)
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
As a UC employee, and an employee of an Ohio public institution, if hired you will not contribute to the federal Social Security system, other than contributions to Medicare. Instead, UC employees have the option to contribute to a state retirement plan (OPERS, STRS) or an alternative retirement plan (ARP).
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / M / F / Veteran / Disabled.
SF:OMJ SF:OOD SF:RM SF:INS SF:IND; SF:INS
Nearest Major Market: Cincinnati
Job Segment: Manager, Recruiting, Developer, Program Manager, Medicare, Management, Human Resources, Technology, Healthcare
To apply please click here!